First time on a strip

Healthforhazard

Established Member
2012 gt m6. bama tune, on3 o/r x pipe, barton shifter, Conti DW 295/35/18 @ 36 psi (dont know why either, checked it next day...) First time ever at the track. Got 3 runs before the rain came in. DA was 1740 and track was mildly prepped I guess.

First run forgot to turn TC off 13.5
Second run missed 2nd but still got 13.1
Third run was decent and netted me a 12.7 @ 115. 60' was like a 2.0x on this one. Mad wheel hop launching at around 3k rpm.

Going back the 28th with the rain out ticket and will try again with lower tire pressure and hopefully better DA.

Next mods will be Big/littles, sticky tire, LCA brackets, LCA and UCA and a AED/Lund tune.

Had a LOT of fun!

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
Ride the clutch out and it won't wheel hop and will net better times

So you ran 3 times and still got a rain ticket? Heck, most tracks I have been too would not do that if they ran for a little while and it started to rain. Kudos to them!

Healthforhazard

Established Member
I was super nervous so I pretty much dumped the clutch and floored it. With a few more trips Ill get my nerves. Ive seen others net 1.8s on street tires

I got there as soon as the gates opened figuring it might rain. There were only about 12 other cars so I hot lapped it a few times and decided to let it cool down. Saw rain coming and tried to get one more in but didnt. They were only running for like 30 minutes. This was at Autoplus raceway in Gainesville Fl

Last edited:

Healthforhazard

Established Member
Went back again tonight. Worst time ever... Car battery died in the staging lanes from constant start and stop. I was low on gas so didnt want to idle. Luckily the guys behind me helped push start. Only got 3 runs in. All three had 2.0 60's 8.3 1/8 and 12.7 et. The mph were 99, 102 and 111. The two lower numbers the car wouldnt shift into 5th period. I coasted the last 200-300 feet. The 111 run was opk but sloppy. I also forgot to turn my lights on until right before the last turn off and plowed into the gravel pit becuase I didnt see it. I felt like a total asshole becuase it stopped the track for 20 minutes and there were already a bunch of other delays. If you were at autoplus raceway tonight, sorry. I was THAT guy :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread