First time motorcycle

efurlong

Established Member
Comfortable riding position - good power (103HO) - handles well - 6 speed - ABS - stock exhaust sounds phenomenal - Looks speak for themselves. My first bike was a KZ1000...I love all bikes. I love Harley's more.
2017 Low Rider.jpg

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
A friend has a wide glide or street glide or some other version or a slow Harley. He use to ride in front of me or else I would look back and he wouldn't be in sight. Riding with him was like sitting through a church sermon. I've never been on a ride I can remember when a HD was involved and everyone enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don’t doubt that. Most people don’t ride like I do… but I have very different riding experience… and my bike is far from stock…. let’s just put it that way.

SHOdown220

Established Member
To each their own but I just don't see the appeal.

I'd sacrifice a bit of comfort for enjoyment all day. Those things are the Lincoln Town cars of motorcycles

It's just a different style of riding. I had my crotch rocket days, cruisers are just that, made for cruising. Slowing down and enjoy the scenery, not about who gets there first. I have had more enjoyable rides on my Harley than I had on my CBR. Not bashing either one, sport bikes are a hell of a good time, but that doesn't mean someone else can't have a good time just cruising along.

Also don't let them fool you, some cruisers even the touring bikes move out and handle pretty well for what they are. You can still have a great time running them hard and carving some corners.

Tezz500

Established Member
It's just a different style of riding. I had my crotch rocket days, cruisers are just that, made for cruising. Slowing down and enjoy the scenery, not about who gets there first. I have had more enjoyable rides on my Harley than I had on my CBR. Not bashing either one, sport bikes are a hell of a good time, but that doesn't mean someone else can't have a good time just cruising along.

Also don't let them fool you, some cruisers even the touring bikes move out and handle pretty well for what they are. You can still have a great time running them hard and carving some corners.

Fantastic Plastic is fun but it’s just not practical in my opinion. You can’t carry anything or ride for long distances…

I mean a Busa is actually kinda comfortable but it’s not a touring bike and again… you can’t carry any gear…

I used to say the same thing about touring bikes until I was actually riding with 30-40 sometimes hundreds of bikes going 1600+ miles 1-2 days going 100+ down 95 or up and down the NJ turnpike… weaving in and out of traffic running block for everyone else then playing catch up…

That shit just doesn’t work on a sport bike…

SHOdown220

Established Member
This one has caught my attention:

I've seen a few others of the same model for similar prices not too far from me too. Seems like a pretty tame bike that's not crazy powerful and is light. Great gas mileage. This one isn't too old and has low miles

Those are great bikes, like I said previously my first bike was a cbr250r before I moved up. Awesome fuel mileage, runs on 87 octane, lightweight, easy to handle at low speeds and sling back and forth in the corners. Seems like a fair deal with the current market. Would make a great first time/commuter bike

Zemedici

Established Member
Holy bad advice in here batman

I would start on a 600, as stated earlier, if you get a lil bitch bike, you'll have it back up for sale in a week or two after you've learned to manuever, and dont want to get left behind by a ****ing mini cooper at a stoplight.

I rode my buddies 600s a few times, and MY first bike was 1000cc.....

Just treat the ****ing thing with some sense and you'll be fine. You HAVE to ride like everyone is trying to kill you, because they are. What @Tezz500 said about ole Britney mowing you over is 100000% the truth.

You can do the course, or not, I didnt. Taught myself by DOING it.

@ZYBORG i lol'ed at about every response you posted to Tezz lolol

Tezz I would never ride that thing. Not my style, whether I'm 29 or 129 ;)

Tezz500

Established Member
Holy bad advice in here batman

I would start on a 600, as stated earlier, if you get a lil bitch bike, you'll have it back up for sale in a week or two after you've learned to manuever, and dont want to get left behind by a ****ing mini cooper at a stoplight.

I rode my buddies 600s a few times, and MY first bike was 1000cc.....

Just treat the ****ing thing with some sense and you'll be fine. You HAVE to ride like everyone is trying to kill you, because they are. What @Tezz500 said about ole Britney mowing you over is 100000% the truth.

You can do the course, or not, I didnt. Taught myself by DOING it.

@ZYBORG i lol'ed at about every response you posted to Tezz lolol

Tezz I would never ride that thing. Not my style, whether I'm 29 or 129 ;)

It’s ok Bro… very few can handle this Ol Girl

C2tuck

Established Member
I started out on a Yamaha Seca 2, then shortly thereafter traded up to a CBR600F4, Harley softail, and finally a super tricked out R1.

I’d definitely skip the girl bikes and just get a 600. There’s a reason so many small bikes are for sale with low miles.

As said previously, just take your time, ride at your comfort level and you’ll do fine.

I’ll get into another one some day, but definitely true that there are more stupid people trying to kill you nowadays. It’s all about riding defensively, and being 10 steps ahead of everyone else on the road for sure.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Horrible advice would be to start out on something small because you're new. Then you will outgrow it in a month and be stuck with a small bike. When all you had to do is not a be a dumbass and learn to drive the bike before you learned how to actually ride the bike. What is your body size? Weight? Height? Are you dumb? These are what we need to know. If you have not covered this of course.

440 Kawasaki
700 Virago
250 Ninja
Honda 600 CBR
Honda 929RR
Honda 929RR

Last edited:

SHOdown220

Established Member
Comfortable riding position - good power (103HO) - handles well - 6 speed - ABS - stock exhaust sounds phenomenal - Looks speak for themselves. My first bike was a KZ1000...I love all bikes. I love Harley's more.View attachment 1741240

Great looking Low Rider, I have a 14, what year is that a 17? If I'm remembering the color schemes correctly by year. I wanted a blue one but only colors offered in 14 when I bought mine were black, amber whiskey/black and silver/black.

efurlong

Established Member
Thanks, & yes...it's a 17. As you know, a Low Rider is a very comfortable ride, they do almost everything well.

Last edited:

efurlong

Established Member
I agree, good all around bike. Any plans for yours or keeping it mostly stock?
I added nos 2012 stock Dyna head pipes with correct size O2's for my year & nos 2008 (no cats) mufflers...I wanted a 2 into 2 exhaust...still have the sock 2 into 1 decatted, K & N drop in air filter, Amsoil everywhere. Runs great. My next project is either have the stock wheels powder coated or exchange them for chrome wheels from Wiley Shiny.
I cannot 100% verify...but I had read somewhere that the 2017 TC 103HO uses screamin eagle or another higher performance HD cam set? I really like the twin cam motor...have had a few of them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread