JLT CF intake
predator tuner with a protune map
smaller charger pulley and extra tensioner pulley
kooks long tube header
ford racing catback
ford racing suspension package
spec twin disk and flywheel
nitto nt extreme 295 wide in the rear/265 wide in the front

first time trying to launch the car since i bought it this past week and i was nervous. tires were running nitrogen and stock pressure and i wasnt going to get them refilled so i didnt lower them, i know not the best thing to do but i just wanted to see what kinf of trap speed i could get.

well my first run i netted a 13.2 at 115 with a 2.53 60'. mild burn out before the run to dry the tires a little and i left the traction control on. i made a second run but the track was so wet at that point and i spun from 1-3 so i didnt even bother. im thinking later down the road with some sticker tires i can trap 120+ .

we'll see though. here are a couple pics... i'll get the video from my friend later.

293785[/ATTACH]"]
photo2.jpg

293787[/ATTACH]"]
shelbyenginebay.jpg

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 46
  • shelbyenginebay.jpg
    shelbyenginebay.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 42

E.Marquez

Established Member
I know that spot... and tire store. :lol:

Where did you run at?
Not sure what you paid for the nitrogen fill..
But once I get back, I'd be willing to hook you up on 100% Ni fill, for a fraction of the cost of what Discount Tire or the Ford dealer are charging you. Get it filled once by them for the tire warranty coverage it adds, but refills after a track day.. Can be done by cheaper means.

I use it for motorcycle shock builds mostly, but fill tires as well.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
yea the car came like that from automax, all the new fords do as well.

as far as the track it was little river "racetrack"(probably the worse track ever).

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
The car has a lot more in it. By an extra set of rear rims and stick some tires on them. We have similar mods except that you have long tubes, and I've been 11.2 @ 123. With your headers you should be faster than my car.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
that's freaking crazy ^^^^

in a good way obviously lol, yea I was some what shifting early at like 5800 rpms because I'm not sure where it was set at when tuned. I am going to have it retuned shortly and get some real whp numbers.

plans for the mean time are to port out the charger and tb, along with upgrading the entire cooling system(heat exchanger/reseviors) and beefier pads and rotors. when I find a good pair of stock wheels or those dragsters I'm definitely going to get a sticker set of tires. if I could get in the 10s i would cry lol.

it's still amazes at the numbers I know the car could run on similar set ups as mine.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
that's freaking crazy ^^^^

in a good way obviously lol, yea I was some what shifting early at like 5800 rpms because I'm not sure where it was set at when tuned. I am going to have it retuned shortly and get some real whp numbers.

plans for the mean time are to port out the charger and tb, along with upgrading the entire cooling system(heat exchanger/reseviors) and beefier pads and rotors. when I find a good pair of stock wheels or those dragsters I'm definitely going to get a sticker set of tires. if I could get in the 10s i would cry lol.

it's still amazes at the numbers I know the car could run on similar set ups as mine.

Definitely shift higher. I wanna say I'm shifting around 6300, but on stock tires the 1-2, 2-3 under power would be dangerous.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
yea I talked to a guy who owned a KR and he said the 295s would help a little, I really expected the cars ass end to want to swing out but it stayed straight.

Users who are viewing this thread