First time at track with Terminator

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I MIGHT go to the track tomorrow. I say might because the news said it "might rain", whatever that means.

Mods are in sig, I do not have my BF diff brace installed yet. I will NOT do a long, sticky burnout, and I will be leaving from idle with 275 Nitto's. Is it out of the question to run at the track without a diff brace, or will I be fine being easy on it?

Has anybody run their car like this?

mach1033

Established Member
I ran mine without one at the track. I didn't launch mine either and I was fine. The nitto's will have to be heated up real good for you to hook. I didn't hook at all and my 60ft was a 2.4 lol. I was spinning even in 4th at times.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
HAHA....yeah, we'll see. I prolly won't go. Track is 70 miles away, it "might" rain, and I just found out I have a big project due Monday that I have had 9 weeks to work on. lol.

How long do these take to install? Track gates open at 8:30am and racing is at 9am. If I got to work at 6am, put it on the hoist...is it possible to make it early?

mach1033

Established Member
It was scary when in 4th at wot you feel the ass end moving around. I just upgraded the irs with Bruces kit and that should take away that sloppy feel.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Heat the tires up really good and put the air pressure at around 18 or so and roll on into it. If it hops let out. If it doesn't hammer down. Just going once and if you do that you'll be fine.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
If you are goin' on 275 Nitto Drs, I say go for it...Just be smart, launch around 3,000...baby it and have fun...

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I won't be launching it at all. I don't want to hurt or break anything 70 miles away. Our track is surrounded by curvy roads and corn fields. lol

I don't have any wheel hop at all on the street. I also don't have that tail wiggle that these cars get.

twhitey

Established Member
I think you will be fine. I took my ported blower to the track with out the brace on. Took a couple easy passes. i just installed Bruces bushing kit and the irs brace i plan to go back to the track with ET streets and spraying the 100 shot.

Jefe

Established Member
The brace is not going to prevent any damage from happening. Wheel hop is wheel hop. Just make sure to let off right away

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Your going to have to leave from idle and baby every gear if your not going to do a burnout and heat those nittos up.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I'll figure something out. I will clean em off and that's it. Not concerned of the time, just want a sick MPH!!! There will be some big tire cars there, so usually when I run after them the track is a little hot still.

sctjbird87

Established Member
been to the track 4 times with my car on a bone stock suspension no brace and street tires(bfg radial TAs) have yet to brake something and somehow pulled a 1.9 60' mind you my car is bone stock except a catback o/r x pipe and CAI. but that will change soon :)

96lowbra

SN8KE B.I.T.3
Established Member
I DO NOT HAVE ANY IRS BRACE MY BEST 60FT WITH 315s NITTOS 1.7 AND NEVER
HAD A PROBLEM NO WHEEL HOP AND LAUNCH AT 3,500 EASY ON THE CLUTCH
AND BAM,BAM,BAM POWERSHIFTING ON THE GEARS AND HAVE GONE 11.7@119
MY NEW BEST AT THE TRACK HAPPY WITH IT

Users who are viewing this thread