first time at the track

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
disappointed, more in the car and the awful track prep, my brothers stock srt-8 jeeps was spinning through first it was so bad. My car is bone stock, not a single mod, I found out last night how bad the clutch/ transmission set up was, between spinning real bad and having the clutch pedal turn into mud I ran a 13.6 @ 111 I was pretty pissed about it. Clutch line, fluid upgrade, and shifter is next, also upper and lower control arms. Am I missing any other basics, I wont go back to the track like this, I cant believe it was as bad as it was, how does ford let that slide? or is my car an extreme case.

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
I would find a better track.

Bone stock I ran 12.90's@110, and that was with the 235/50/18 All Season Pirelli's.

I love my setup now and will probably go with the Boss 302 Intake next. She hooks really well with the 275's out back.

What's the specific's on your car? Gears, tires, ect.

burke985

Established Member
There is no hooking on a poorly prepped track with street tires as I found out last Wednesday night. I should be a high to mid 11 but could not hook for shit and could only muster a 12.39. Don let a shitty track get you down

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
It's a brembo 373 car. This track is normally good I have been racing there for 15 years. My biggest disappointment was the performance of the clutch.

burke985

Established Member
Pull the helper spring out and get a clutch line like you have stated and a shifter, it did wonders for my sticky clutch and I had 7 passes and not a single missed gear

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
Well, we did get 5" of rain over the past couple days prior. Like I said I'm more aggravated on how the clutch performed

Users who are viewing this thread