First time at the track...

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Finally gotta chance to take the cobra to the track... *DISCLAIMER* the closest track to me is farmington, its a 1/8th mile track.. not 1/4. closest 1/4 mile (rockingham) is 2 hrs away.

Now, im not a drag racer by any means, i like turns to much.. so i wasnt expecting anything special outa the cobra.. but my best time was 8.3 at 89mph. I could done better, but ive heard horror story's about ripping the IRS outa the car.. so i slipped the clutch a lil, and was averaging 2.0-2.1 60' time.

I will say this though... the car wasnt that fast, but it was consistent as hell...plus, it was hot as hell that day... i even brought a spray bottle of cold water that i left in the frige the night before and put ice in it right before i left. Car didnt seem to make a difference when i sprayed the heat exchanger.

Kenny

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
posi said:
Pretty good times and a good mph. What's your mod's?

2.9 upper, bassaini cat-back, daiblo-sport, nt555r's. Hey, do you have any pics of your AFCO? I'm looking to get a heat exchanger like... yesterday.. went to the dyno, and my freaking IAT was around 116-120 degrees!!!

Kenny

Last edited:

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
97topless snake said:
Not too shabby for your mod in the HEAT... Whew is is 102 here today.

thanx man! Its hot as hell here today also... (101 at work today) gonn be like this till sunday i think.. :cuss:

Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread