First time at the track

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
Guys,

I went to the track for the first time last Friday. It was a less than ideal day (hot, humid, really bad track prep, hour long drive before hand). Anyway, my best run of the day was 13.98 @ 99.42 mph (2.151 60’). This is a completely stock time, and my Toyo’s were not hooking up at all. All in all, I feel the truck did really well given the less than ideal conditions. I’m excited to see what I can do with some mods.

On that note, does anyone here know of a tuner in the northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area? I would be willing to drive pretty far in order to get this done right. I’m getting ready to put on a 6#er and supporting mods, and I would really like to not blow my car up.

v/r,

Zack

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Good job!
Just wait around for cooler fall weather! Last fall (my first time to the drag strip) I ran a 14.1 in the hot weather (and forgetting to lower my tire pressure). This spring in cool weather and low tire pressure I ran a 13.5, it makes a huge difference.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Next time you go. You should, lower tire pressure rear, up it in front. Remove as much weight as possible. Spare tire, any items inside, floor mates, 1/2 tank of gas, maybe tail gate, open the hood between rounds to cool engine. But that's nice run. Stock right off the street. Congrats. :beer:

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
That's what my dad ran in his stock lighting. I am still waiting to go back to the track to try my new tune. It is just so hot and I have to drive at least an hour to get there, so heat soak is a big issue. But I will evntually go. My best time so far is 13.4 @ 106mph. I raced it with the tail gate on and about 3/4 tank of gas. Oh and I weigh about 300lbs, so there the driver unmod.

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
Thanks for the good words, fellas. I forgot to mention that I left the tire pressure alone. I left the car the same as the day I drove it off the lot, and did not remove any weight.

Fade- I was looking for a custom tune to fit my car. Would it be a good idea to run a mail in tune from Amazon? I have gotten nothing but good feedback about them (Rick and Linn).

Users who are viewing this thread