First Time At the track 04 cobra bone stock

FriscoCobra

Established Member
dsc028243ht.jpg

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Dam nice run...get a better 60' and you are in the 12's!! Just awesome how you can drive a cobra off the showroom floor and it will go 12's!!

FriscoCobra

Established Member
dru440 said:
nice times, feather it out at 3000 and pull a 1.8 1.9 and get in the 12s

right on i'll try that next time -- nice times btw -- you must be a good driver cause I hear it can be pretty difficult getting into the 12's consistently bone stock on f1s

csumt76

Established Member
Nice runs... I took mine to the track recently. It was midnight madness so all the rice was out. I had X and catback on the car, ran [email protected]. It was so packed, I only got two runs in... The first pass sucked... 2.5 60ft.

Its definitely tricky on the F1's.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
25 psi of air right when you get there, no burn out except for a light spin after driving around the water box, and 3K and slide the clutch out as to not shock the tires... I ran a 12.2 @ 119 in a pulley/exhaust 04 on F1s on my first and only pass with a 2.01 60 foot. :thumbsup:

Stitch

Established Member
I ran a 13.2 @ 104.5 w/a 1.9 60'

Only mods are an o/r X pipe and c/b.

I always wondered why stock 03's are not really that fast for the power they put out. Is it just because they are heavier?

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Nice run! It must be nice to have your power level! I ran over a tenth better 60' than you did and we still ran the same time! Hooking on the F1's is kinda tricky but my car is lighter and has pretty good weight transfer. (This post sounds like I own a Cobra I don't I got the F1's off of my brothers when he bought nitto's.)

Cobrastruk04

Was that at Infinion raceway?? i ran a 13.0 at 108 at infionion. after i raced at Sac i havent been back to infinion. where in san Fran are you i should be close to you im in Castro Valley.
Devon

Cobrastruk04

Wings65288 said:
i hear infineon is a hard track too, nice run
im sorry Infinion is not the best track its hot as hell out there and the track goes uphill a little. my best at infinion was a 12.2@117 in 97 Degree weather with a 1.9 60ft. that was last summer, im not going back to the track until my turbo kit is finished

Cobrastruk04

Solid Stang said:
I ran a 13.2 @ 104.5 w/a 1.9 60'

Only mods are an o/r X pipe and c/b.

I always wondered why stock 03's are not really that fast for the power they put out. Is it just because they are heavier?
IRS is a bitch thats why guys that want good track times are swapping out the IRS for soild rear

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
BayareaCob04 said:
IRS is a bitch thats why guys that want good track times are swapping out the IRS for soild rear

I agree. I don't think it is the IRS as much as it is the weight and the gears. I don't actually own a 04 but my brother does. It is definitly the weight. From a roll his power gives him a slight advantage but from a dig it is a drivers race. He's talking about a pulley and I haven't raced him since he's had the Nitto's so if I want to keep up know I gotta get nawzzz. :D

JR-S3

Its a GT....I Swear
Established Member
32V GT said:
I agree. I don't think it is the IRS as much as it is the weight and the gears. I don't actually own a 04 but my brother does. It is definitly the weight. From a roll his power gives him a slight advantage but from a dig it is a drivers race. He's talking about a pulley and I haven't raced him since he's had the Nitto's so if I want to keep up know I gotta get nawzzz. :D

were you at HRP last friday?

Users who are viewing this thread