First test session on new setup 8.38 @ 165.74 w/ vids

Bud

Established Member
Well, finally got the first test session in with the MPR sleeved block, new 6266 turbos, and new PTC converter. It has been awhile since I'd driven the car so we eased into it. Also slowly upped the 2 step to figure out where the bigger turbos wanted to be at launch. Car is doing great for hot weather and 70% humidity. Last pass was gonna be a good one but I barely caught the limiter and that cost us a good amount. This probably makes about 10 passes total for me in the 8's. I have lots of practicing to do. Get the driver ready, the 60 back in the 1.25 range and we should be good in KY in about a month. Overall very excited and happy with the results. Some more tweaking, good air, and more boost and it should get interesting. NMRA Finals in Bowling Green is going to be a blast!

Huge thanks to Ken Bjonnes, Jake Long, the Power by the Hour crew, Tim at MPR and Lund Racing! What a great way to spend a Friday!

[video=youtube;xdbhRb67lJo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdbhRb67lJo[/video]
1gpx4.jpg

Bud

Established Member
Congrats, and yes that is getting it done down here in Florida summer weather.

Thanks man. Not sure how you guys do it down there all the time. It was rough in just shorts and a tshirt, throw the firesuit on top of it and it just got nasty. I dig the air there in the winter/spring though!

Bud

Established Member
Good job bud. When will that car see Colorado again?

Thanks man. Hopefully it hops a trailer back this way in the next week or so. Not going to get much more testing before BG but need to get at least a little more seat time, then we can crank it up out there.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Thanks man. Not sure how you guys do it down there all the time. It was rough in just shorts and a tshirt, throw the firesuit on top of it and it just got nasty. I dig the air there in the winter/spring though!

Yeah, pretty bad in June-September but the other months make up for it. A little more tolerable over here on the West coast compared to Miami where I lived for 20+ years.

Buster

Established Member
Awesome ride bud! Are you still having trouble with the oil out the exhaust on decel? I fought this all year long and ended up doing a 1 3/8" hose off the oil cap using a CFM oil cap adapter to a catch can, it got rid of all the crankcase pressure and haven't had any issues since. Just a tip if your still having an issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread