First suspension mod to prevent pitching side ways

Softballer77

Established Member
First off: Suspension is 100% stock.

Was on the way home from dinner with the wife. Hit entrance ramp to interstate, got up to about 70 uneventfully, merged onto interstate, then rolled into throttle in 3rd next to a semi. Rear end broke loose pitching her a quick bit sideways, though I was able to reel it in immediately while coming off the throttle. I personally thought it was fun (as I always do), but the wife was sure to notice there aren't any "oh shit handles" in the car as she went reaching for anything she could grab onto.

I have noticed that when it does break loose, that it wants to pitch sideways more times than not. What would be the first mod you all would recommend to battle this.

Thanks.

Will

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Center the rear end. I went with BMR upper and lower adjustable control arms, LCA relocation brackets, and a panhard bar. It's no guarantee against going blunt end forward, but when you burn out it stays pretty straight and doesn't walk. There is a little NVH, but I'm ok with it. There are other ways around, you'll get more advice I'm sure. Call Van :)

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Center the rear end. I went with BMR upper and lower adjustable control arms, LCA relocation brackets, and a panhard bar. It's no guarantee against going blunt end forward, but when you burn out it stays pretty straight and doesn't walk. There is a little NVH, but I'm ok with it. There are other ways around, you'll get more advice I'm sure. Call Van :)

+++1 plus are you on stock tires?

Manuel

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Mines perfectly straight, stock and now lowered.

But I am going to add the relocation brackets and LCA's as soon as I make up my mind which ones.

Last edited:

railroad

Established Member
Stock with traction control on, car was scary. 13-6, stock tires and wheels, traction control OFF, car spins, but can correct with slight steering input.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha, I know exactly what you did because from your description I did the same on my stock tires even at stock power.
I swapped the 20" DRs and never again even when they're cold. When cold or even warm, those GYs are a light switch. junk on the street.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
And Van helps, but Nitto or Michelin will help more for what you describe. I called both, can't wait to pick mine up with the rear suspension tomorrow.
-J

Softballer77

Established Member
I've got some 20" MT DRs in the garage and used them at the strip, but doing 90 around an interstate turn gave me a bit of an unsettling feeling. (proper air pressure too). So, I just put the GYs back on. Next set will be Michelins though. Just working through wearing these out first.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
I've got some 20" MT DRs in the garage and used them at the strip, but doing 90 around an interstate turn gave me a bit of an unsettling feeling. (proper air pressure too). So, I just put the GYs back on. Next set will be Michelins though. Just working through wearing these out first.

My buddy's 13 with 856 to the wheels has MT and it's scary after 145 mph, the MPSS will make the difference for daily driving and high speed rolls.

Manuel

Van@RevanRacing

It's called Thrust Angle. Your road grade and then the relationship of your axle to the drive line creates a thrust angle that will kick the rear end out. Give me a call and I can explain it better. Best of all I know how to correct it, even on Goodyears.

DJSCIASCIA

Established Member
It's called Thrust Angle. Your road grade and then the relationship of your axle to the drive line creates a thrust angle that will kick the rear end out. Give me a call and I can explain it better. Best of all I know how to correct it, even on Goodyears.

You should do a nice write up on that and have it stickied. :)

DJSCIASCIA

Established Member
Ugh. I've only done it in multiple threads about 50 times and NO STICKY!! LOL

I nominate you to be a moderator so you can sticky all your great advice. I don't post much but I know to wait for you to chime in on people's questions. I'm also still stock except for a used set of Kooks axle backs I bought last week but my wife wanted my balls cause I told her when I bought the car that it is perfect stock. There's nothing to do to it. Lol. But anyway when I do some "hidden" mods (stuff she can't see under the hood and have it delivered when she's at work) I know to buy from you.

Isn't it sad what us men must do to not fight with the missus. Lol.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I nominate you to be a moderator so you can sticky all your great advice. I don't post much but I know to wait for you to chime in on people's questions. I'm also still stock except for a used set of Kooks axle backs I bought last week but my wife wanted my balls cause I told her when I bought the car that it is perfect stock. There's nothing to do to it. Lol. But anyway when I do some "hidden" mods (stuff she can't see under the hood and have it delivered when she's at work) I know to buy from you.

Isn't it sad what us men must do to not fight with the missus. Lol.

Yeah, my wife knows better at this point. She knows that however fast or powerful a car is, I will still modify it.....

Users who are viewing this thread