First Shelby purchase

Lvexpo

Established Member
Hi guys, I am new here and have a couple of questions and seeking for some advice.

I think it's time for me to get something fast and fun and what better to get then a gt500 right?

So yesterday I drove a 2011 Shelby, just over 9k miles, glass roof, stripe delete and asking price of just shy of 48k. Drove the car for only about 5 min, but I can tell that I really like it. On the other hand I am thinking I rather spend the extra and get a brand new one. Love the launch control etc. but the dealer told me that the '13 models are already done and I would have to get a '14 if ordered brand new. He also told me it would take about 6 month to get it, is that true?

Just curious what you guys think about a used vs. brand new one. The good thing is that the used one comes with a 100k+ mile warranty which is better then warranty on a new one. My other concern is that the 2011 is broken in the right way, anyway of knowing.

Sorry for all the nooby questions, just a big decision for a chunk of money.

KidMoney

Established Member
Hi guys, I am new here and have a couple of questions and seeking for some advice.

I think it's time for me to get something fast and fun and what better to get then a gt500 right?

So yesterday I drove a 2011 Shelby, just over 9k miles, glass roof, stripe delete and asking price of just shy of 48k. Drove the car for only about 5 min, but I can tell that I really like it. On the other hand I am thinking I rather spend the extra and get a brand new one. Love the launch control etc. but the dealer told me that the '13 models are already done and I would have to get a '14 if ordered brand new. He also told me it would take about 6 month to get it, is that true?

Just curious what you guys think about a used vs. brand new one. The good thing is that the used one comes with a 100k+ mile warranty which is better then warranty on a new one. My other concern is that the 2011 is broken in the right way, anyway of knowing.

$48k sounds kinda high to me. I vote you get a 13. Order it how you want and get all the new features and more power. If I had the option, I'd be in a 13 for sure!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

People are paying low to mid 40's for that car you're describing. They're fairly high.

Obviously the 2013/14 is going to be a better car, but for an equally equipped one, you're going to spend about $60k (assuming performance package).

If you don't have that kind of coin, I would offer $44,000, (knowing they will counteroffer, I wouldn't go North of $45,500), and throw a TVS on it. :rockon:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
There are a lot of '13's out there for sale right now if you don't want to wait for a '14. At this point, 6 months sounds about right for a '14 to arrive.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That car is already sold, and the seller took the money and never paid off Ford Motor Credit.

You don't want to get involved in a deal like that.

Boom. Never mind :nonono:

Lvexpo

Established Member
thanks for all the replays!

i think it is time for a brand new car (in that case shelby)! so i am going to figure out how to make this happen, first i need to decide what color. aggghhhh

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member

i paid 42,125 for my 2011 SVTPP with 500 miles of the lot.

and how much would you be getting a 2013 for?
if it is 50-55k i would if i had the money.

Users who are viewing this thread