First Runs of 2011

SlowLNF

Established Member
Ran 2 turbo Fiero's this week. One manual and one auto.

First run against the manual I spun in 2nd from 40 and he jumped out 2 cars by 3rd and then pulled probably another 2-3 cars before we shut down around 130.

Second run I hooked in 2nd and he pulled maybe half a car in 2nd and probably 2 cars in 3rd.

Here's the run against the auto one (faster of the 2)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW3cryFvMOg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Fiero VS. Cobra.3gp[/nomedia]

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
yup gotta becareful sleepers r out there. I know at our track there is a first gen neon that is beat to hell......I mean rusty everywhere, rolling on black spare tire rims, dents, etc..... but he runs 11's. I am pretty sure he has a SRT4 drivetrain and with a bigger turbo. Also a mid 80's short box F150 painted primer grey nothing special....not sure what he has all in it but it runs low 12's

SlowLNF

Established Member
yup gotta becareful sleepers r out there. I know at our track there is a first gen neon that is beat to hell......I mean rusty everywhere, rolling on black spare tire rims, dents, etc..... but he runs 11's. I am pretty sure he has a SRT4 drivetrain and with a bigger turbo. Also a mid 80's short box F150 painted primer grey nothing special....not sure what he has all in it but it runs low 12's

Haha yeah. I can remember the coolest one I ever saw was a early 2000's Silverado that looked and sounded bare stock. Came into the burn out pit lined up against a Lightning. The silverado struggled to spin it's tires while the Lightning did a monsterous burn out.

When the light went green the Silverado launched like a bat out of hell! You could see the box shaking like crazy and he ran a 10.6@13x. Don't remember the exact speed. The Lightning ran a mid 13.

89slowgt331

Established Member
Haha yeah. I can remember the coolest one I ever saw was a early 2000's Silverado that looked and sounded bare stock. Came into the burn out pit lined up against a Lightning. The silverado struggled to spin it's tires while the Lightning did a monsterous burn out.

When the light went green the Silverado launched like a bat out of hell! You could see the box shaking like crazy and he ran a 10.6@13x. Don't remember the exact speed. The Lightning ran a mid 13.

HaHa, a friend told me he know a guy with a older Silverado 4x4 has a twin turbo small block, run's like that, I think it still had running boards. I used to see some cool cars when I worked at roush. in the museum they have a 1989 mustang cobra that never made production with a twin turbocharged 351w. the body was similar to the 93 cobra's, I think only 3 prototypes where built.

thoese turbo fiero's can be fast if they get traction. good run OP, what's done to your cobra?

SlowLNF

Established Member
HaHa, a friend told me he know a guy with a older Silverado 4x4 has a twin turbo small block, run's like that, I think it still had running boards. I used to see some cool cars when I worked at roush. in the museum they have a 1989 mustang cobra that never made production with a twin turbocharged 351w. the body was similar to the 93 cobra's, I think only 3 prototypes where built.

thoese turbo fiero's can be fast if they get traction. good run OP, what's done to your cobra?

Thanks, they certainly are. I have a 2.3L Whipple with supporting mods. Looking to throw longtubes on and switch to E85 by June.

nfamous

Established Member
Last edited:

03snakeminated

Established Member
Nice runs and death, Damn those fieros are fast, guessing they are prob mid or low 10 sec cars :shrug:
O.P you know how much power they make?
throw some spray on the slobrah and rematch maybe??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread