first run this year on new setup

thebestdj07

Established Member
99 cobra with p1sc2 9lbs. worn bfg dr's (315-35-17)

anywho. track prep sucked. but turned a 12.31 @118mph with 1.91 60ft.

if i got a good tire what kind of times would you guys think?

i was thinking of the toyo proxy tq or the et street II. about 100 bucks differance. but being my dd right now i need somthen for the rain also with out switching tires all the time. and no i dont like nittos so please dont say to get them. :)

Last edited:

tt_dohc302

Established Member
et street 2 sucks. had 3 sets and all of them went out of round at about 1000 miles. And I only used them on the street. No track passes or burnouts. Get hoosier dr's. I got em and will never put another dr on my car. I have 2500 miles on em and they still have 3/4 life on em and I have made 5 or 6 passes on them. I can't speak for toyos. I heard they are really good in the rain though.

tt_dohc302

Established Member
Sorry for the slow reply, med school is killing me. For sure do not drive in the rain. If you want a rain friendly DR, go with a nitto 555r or the toyo I hear is decent in the rain. But you will sacrifice the capabilities at the track for sure. The few passes I have made on the hoosiers, I didn't do a burn out except for once, just set em to 20 psi and cleaned em off and launched off idle, 60 ft. was 1.55 every time. The one time I did do a burn out, I set em at 18, did a short burn out, 2nd gear on the line lock for 5 seconds or so, launched at 2800 and she 60'ed 1.50.

So for rain purposes, I don't really know what to say, I personally won't drive in the rain on a DR. Since its your daily, I would try the Toyos. The ET street 2's are shit in the rain too. I heard the Nitto NT05R isn't "too bad" in the rain. Hope this helps.

thebestdj07

Established Member
Wow thats pretty good off idle. But yea i think im going to use the tq's 315/35/17 as the main tires and get a set of 15's with either hoosier or m & h. Tks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread