first ride in my cobra AWSOME

canadiancobra

Established Member
I have had the car since november but there was to much snow so never even took it for a test drive but the wait is finally over. The temp was just above freezing today and the roads are clear of snow so i said what the hell i am going for a rip It was great the car pulls like a train from about 40-100 mph. Did not do any hard runs from a dig as the roads are cold and i have drag radials and did not want to put the car in the dich. I have a few questions about my gauges. The pyrometer was showing about 1000-1100 when crusing and would get up to 12500 under heavy throtlle what is this telling me and where is the danger zone also my wideband was showing 14.5-15 what is this telling me and what is the danger zone thanks for all the help this forum has been great for us new guys

Last edited:

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Must be nice we just got a dump of snow at home tuesday but should melt fast with all these warm temps. These cars are so much fun to drive I love it can't wait till the salts off the road and they are dry. I got some work I have to do on the car yet so it's not that bad.

canadiancobra

Established Member
I hope you were not boosting it with novembers gas! that is NEVER a good idea, in my opinion.

No the car had 2y old fuel in it as the previos owner never drove it in the last 2y but it had under a quarter tank so i filled it up but it ran crapy for the first few miles till i got that fuel out of the system

Maverick-4

Established Member
Have some else look or record ur afr gauge u dont want to end up slamming into a truck cuz u were staring at ur gauge instead of the road lol on my srt i sneak a peek during boost but its much easierto have a 2nd person help u, or log it! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread