First ride/drive in an S197.....

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
And let me say, I was pretty impressed:rockon:

My really good friend(pharmd2010 on here) just bought a new to him 06 GT automatic. He took me for a quick blast over to another friends house where we shot the shit for a minute, then threw me the keys. I took off and was realy digging the car. Not only was it just about the most comfortable Mustang I have ever driven, but for a bone stock GT, really had some kick. Felt really strong, comparable to my SS when it was stock. The most impressive to me though was the shifting of the auto:)

That sucker was SMOOTH! I think I might like his new car more than he does lol. It really kinda shocked me, they have been out for a few years but never really gave them a chance. Sorry for the long post, just though you guys might want to hear from a newly converted beleiver in teh newest Gen Stang.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
My sn95 rides smoother than my friends s197, going down the highway in his the thing was shaking like we were doing 120! I rode in it about a month after he had just bought it too...

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Thats kinda weird, are you referring to the V6 in your sig? My friends car felt way better than any 94-04 V6, GT, Bullit, Cobra, Mach 1 I have ever driven personally. Was smooth as hell and felt sure footed. I think I would still prefer a Mach if only because of looks(still taking me awhile to like the styling) but driving it really sold me on the car. I liked it alot.

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Ive had an 04 gt and now a 06 gt and i can tell the difference in ride quality. its like night and day. Maybe its just me but even when i drove my ex's fathers gallardo on the freeway in sport mode my car felt more connected to the road at similar speeds. to the OP glad you like the car.

Users who are viewing this thread