First race with the new Procharger!... Z06 goes down!

MARK C

Established Member
Just cleaned the Cobra up..nice day out..on my way home...Who pulls next to me at a stop light. Black Z06...light turns green..we both nurse through 1
st and then nail 2'nd gear @ like 35 or so..I got a small jump on him, Start to pull him right off the bat had him bye 2 cars while spinning at the top of 2'nd..hit 3'rd still have my 2 cars and pulling away!!..we get on the brakes and who do we see NOT more than 2 blocks from where we shut down, a cop...DAM was that ever close!! Needless to say, I just made myself a strong drink!!
I couuld'nt have asked for a better first race!! :banana:

00GT

Banned
Good kill, but most importantly good not getting busted! Been there, done that. Insurance is still high because of it. :nonono: My car got impounded, $250, went to jail for 10.5 hours, insurance cost me about $350 extra for 1 year, they didn't catch on for the first 2 years. No I try to keep it at the track.

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
Big time kill my friend. :bowdown: :beer: He's probably at the Ford dealer right now looking to trade it in. :cuss:

MARK C

Established Member
Thanks...I would have loved to see his face, when I pulled him!
00GT..I know what you mean..way to close for me..that's why I called it a night right after.

bp03svt

Established Member
Good job! I hate the feeling of not knowing if the cop saw you or not, and wondering if he's gonna come after you, lol.

71stang99

Established Member
I actually was caught a few years back, I raced an F body from the light at 9 a.m. and we went throught three gears when i heard the siren, I was loosing shortly after the two-three shift, (99 cobra bolt ons, stock gears with two pax) and i hit the blinker and took the first right, the cop kept after the Camero and I waited ~ 10 seconds and hit the farking road home. He had us both lit up but must have went after the 'winner' I cant complain about loosing that race!

badboycali_559

Established Member
i got caught racing but the cop let me go, i was so scared, here's how the convo. with the cop went:

Cop: so u were racing?
Me: no i was just tryin to get ahead of him.
Cop: so u were racing!
Me: no i was just tryin to get ahead of him officer.
Cop: could u please define racing in ur own terms!
Me: when ur lined up at the track and the light turns green, u got at it till u cross the finish line.
Cop: your record is clean so i'll cut u a deal if u dont' lie to me, were u racing?
Me: yes officer

only got a ticket for liecense not in possesion and goin 10mph over the speed limit.

nice kill btw, i just got my a$$ handed to me tonite in a AMG SL55 :fm:

Last edited:

MARK C

Established Member
badboycali_559 said:
i got caught racing but the cop let me go, i was so scared, here's how the convo. with the cop went:

Me: when ur lined up at the track and the light turns green, u got at it till u cross the finish line.
Cop: your record is clean so i'll cut u a deal if u dont' lie to me, were u racing?

only got a ticket for liecense not in possesion and goin 10mph over the speed limit.

That must be one FAST AMG!!! :eek:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill! The last Z06 I raced was NOT stock. We went from 40-120 and it was bumper to bumper and I'm running a Vortech making 470 at the rears.

00GT

Banned
71stang99 said:
I actually was caught a few years back, I raced an F body from the light at 9 a.m. and we went throught three gears when i heard the siren, I was loosing shortly after the two-three shift, (99 cobra bolt ons, stock gears with two pax) and i hit the blinker and took the first right, the cop kept after the Camero and I waited ~ 10 seconds and hit the farking road home. He had us both lit up but must have went after the 'winner' I cant complain about loosing that race!

What is two pax? Lucky he went after the Camaro! Even the cops know who the good guys are. :bowdown:

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
BigRick said:
Big time kill my friend. :bowdown: :beer: He's probably at the Ford dealer right now looking to trade it in. :cuss:

lol, i doubt it. he probably went home and ordered up a set of LTs, CAI, UD Pullies, and a Nice CAM :D and maybe heads. :banana:

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
badboycali_559 said:

did you get you car situation straightend out? what car & mods do you have now?

Users who are viewing this thread