first race in the mach1

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
well got my car a couple weeks back, tonight on my way to meet up with a "friend" :read: i pulled up to a stoplight behind an sti, looked stock, had dealer plates on it (05 body style), anywho take off normal from the light, shift to 2nd... nobody around so i decide to pass him, well as i'm doing that he gets on it, as do i... i pull about 1.5 cars by 100 or so, dont have a ton of practice yet with the car, not like the 5.0, so i was short shiftin a lil (round 6k), not much of a story i guess hah... :thumbsup: but it was fun, i was gonna ask if he wanted to pull over and talk but he just sped off :shrug: anywho, goodtimes in the new car, the mach's stock aside from a k&n drop in :rockon:

Ironhand

Banned
You will be surprised by what your Mach will do. Just take care of her and she will take care of you.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Nice enjoy your car and it is fast, could be the most underrated stang on the roads today. I know my friends bolt on mach 1 pulls about 1/2 car on me from a roll, from a dig he has me good and runs consistant 12.7s on drags.

SLVRF16

Established Member
I never knew the Mach's were that strong. I will definitely have to find one and play with it around the area. I thought they were about as fast as the new 05' GTs.

I am also a bit surprised from the defeat of the STI. In any case, good kill! :)

-M

mustangbee

Established Member
im a little surprised that he didnt wanna race from a dig...thats a murder hole against those cars

mach1dsg

Established Member
never had any problems with stock or lighlty modded evo's or sti's for that matter when i had the mach1. they have the capability to take a regular car on the street though, assuming the driver knows what he/she is doing. but they lack top end big time, especially on the sti.
they're more of a race for a 350z..

Last edited:

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
thanks fellas, i went from a bolton 5.0, so the whole "topend" thing is new to me

i know how it would of gone from a stop, but we cant just stop in the middle of the road now can we :rockon: , as for driving ability

old 5.0 went 8.50 (1/8th) with a couple of boltons and et streets :thumbsup:

Last edited:

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
cobra2798 said:
Nice enjoy your car and it is fast, could be the most underrated stang on the roads today. I know my friends bolt on mach 1 pulls about 1/2 car on me from a roll, from a dig he has me good and runs consistant 12.7s on drags.

Yeah I would say the Mach 1 is a sleeper especially in the gray or black color where the stripes and shaker hood don't stand out as much. I'm sure some of you Mach owners have whooped a few cars thinking they were racing a GT especially at night.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
mach1dsg said:
never had any problems with stock or lighlty modded evo's or sti's for that matter when i had the mach1. they have the capability to take a regular car on the street though, assuming the driver knows what he/she is doing. but they lack top end big time, especially on the sti.
they're more of a race for a 350z..

Actually I would think the STI would have a little more top end than the EVO because of the hp difference. Of course I know the Evo is geared to be more agressive on low end to make up the power difference but on top end I'm not so sure. That STI hp advantage has to account for somewhere.

25thmustang

Drag Racer
Established Member
I didnt know you got a Mach 1, lucky man. I have been dying to get into one of those for a while now, and you had to go out and do it!

Congrats on the kill and the car! Now take some of the info I had given you with the 5.0 and apply it to the Mach, and it should reward you a ton!

:burnout:

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
Yeah I would say the Mach 1 is a sleeper especially in the gray or black color where the stripes and shaker hood don't stand out as much. I'm sure some of you Mach owners have whooped a few cars thinking they were racing a GT especially at night.

mine is dsg :coolman:

tint23.jpg

corysmach1

Established Member
BONESTOCK said:
Damn Cory! You made lots of power on the 100 shot. Alot more than me.

Got a graph with the air fuel?
Thanks man. No actually I lost my graph. My car caught on fire I have not put the Nitrous back on, but I will have it back on for summer along with a couple other things, I am hoping for 450rwhp-600rwtq this year on Spray but we will see and when i get back to the dyno i will post the sheet for you. Also yes i will have to agree with some of you guys who posted on here that YES Mach 1's are probably the most underrated cars on the street and i think that some of them run harder than there numbers say. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread