First race, and first kill today.

FuriousGoldfish

Established Member
I got my L a few weeks ago and have never got the chance to race anyone. But today my mom asked me to take her to the grocery store, and I obliged because the only thing better I had to do was sit on here and read posts all day.
On the way home there is a highway that runs through part of my town, but it has occasional stop lights. While I was at one of the stop lights I was in the right lane, behind 1 car, while the left lane stayed open. As the light turned green, I hear a "fart cannon" incoming. It was an RX8, and as it passed me he wanted to let me know how tough he was and revved at me. To which my mom replied "That was pointless...Can you beat that car in a race?" and I just stared at her and nodded, and she just smiled at me. Which was all I needed to know she was giving me permission to show this kid how lame his car really is. There was still no one in the left lane, so I switched lanes and caught up to him pretty quickly. I got back in the right lane, and as soon as we were even I could hear him down shift. We were going ~35mph, which is a HUGE dead zone for my truck because it still isn't tuned. I looked over at him, to shaggy haired kid wearing a beanie in the summer, who couldn't have been older than 16. He refused to look over at me so I just looked forward too. But right as I looked forward he took off, so I floored it. I pulled a car length on him almost instantly, and as soon as I hit 50mph, my truck took off and put about 6 on him before my mom made me slow down.
I'm only 18, so I'm not too much older than this kid, but I'm not running around revving my engine at cars. I just thought it would be a good story to share since my mom was with me, and condoned my illegal street race.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Your 18 and have a lightning........

Awesome :-D

And jeez, I don't even like drivng my mom around, I'm glad the permit days are well over.. I can take a turn doing the speed limit and I'm going to fast

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Must be nice...I was stuck driving a Ford Tempo V6 when I was 18...and still trying to race everything I came into contact with.

skipthedrummer

Established Member
Props to another young L owner.

Bought it when I was 18, I just turned 19 and paid it off. Woo Hoo!! :banana::banana:

Good kill though. My mom's the worst to ride with, but Dad will always condone a street race.

StangJason

Established Member
Must be nice...I was stuck driving a Ford Tempo V6 when I was 18...and still trying to race everything I came into contact with.

Yeah I had a V6 Probe automatic and doing the same thing...My parents were smart enough not to allow me to have a Mustang LX 5.0 like I wanted :( . It only lead me to want one even more later on in life though :-D

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
good kill, take care of the truck, my mother would smack me if i ever went over 50mph with her in the car haha

be careful

Chris01Bullitt

Established Member
Props to another young L owner.

Bought it when I was 18, I just turned 19 and paid it off. Woo Hoo!! :banana::banana:

Good kill though. My mom's the worst to ride with, but Dad will always condone a street race.

When I pay off my cobra in 2 years then I will be 21 yay!! My mom is the same way, hell if I speed up to pass someone she will yell at me to slow down. Op good kill, it's nice to show a ricer who's boss!

Last edited:

snkebit

ITS A COBRA not a stang
Established Member
I bought my first mustang when i was 18 1991 mustang gt bone stock except for flowmasters. Last year i turned 23 and graduated from a gt to 2001 cobra. Nice ricer kill OP. You should come cruise tulsa some weekend. Could use a few more svt brothers out there with all the rice runnin around.

MARK C

Established Member
To the OP Nice kill...I can just think on what you WILL be doing when your mom is @ home and you are out on the prowl with the L.

I'll NEVER forget, one time I took my mom out to dinner for mothers day. I had my 93 LX 5.0 triple white convert (about 300 HP) we had the top down. A viper pulls along side us, on her side and downshifts and jumps on it, Nasty loud! My mom looks @ me and says why did he do that? I say he wanted to race, she says why does he want to race us? I'm laughing now, saying he knows I have a fast car. She says how does he know I have a fast car....I'm really laughing now, and say he just knows! Needless to say I did NOT race him, pointless...plus my mom really would have loved it but no reason to put her in any danger. To bad she's no longer with us, she would have really Loved the
Cobra!!
Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
what was th epoint of this? this sounds about as dumb as me asking if my '01 supercrew can take on a lexus IS250 wich i lost by a car and a half :( anyways i wouldn't brag about racing a rotary with an exhaust......max rwhp outta one of those is like 127......can i run you in my moms jag? i bet she would encourage me LMFAO! good kill i guess. next time try and find something some what quick that can actually beat a normal F150 unlike a RX-8

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Yea man that is awesome! When I was 18 I had an 1985 GT. The things I could have done with an 2004 lighting...:-D

BlueSnake01

Established Member
what was th epoint of this? this sounds about as dumb as me asking if my '01 supercrew can take on a lexus IS250 wich i lost by a car and a half :( anyways i wouldn't brag about racing a rotary with an exhaust......max rwhp outta one of those is like 127......can i run you in my moms jag? i bet she would encourage me LMFAO! good kill i guess. next time try and find something some what quick that can actually beat a normal F150 unlike a RX-8
Im more than positive the RX-8 can beat an F-150 supercrew, they are mid- low 15 sec car's you know. :poke:

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member

Give the kid a break. It was his first race in his Lightning. Plus his mom condoned it which is pretty cool. My mom would've had a shit fit. I'm sure you never killed anything that you knew you would destroy. :bash: Maybe you should bring out that 99 GT.

Users who are viewing this thread