First post on here after getting 13 GT500 and some questions

NJredfire03

Established Member
Hey everyone. I've been off SVTP for quite some time now. I tried to register with a different name but they didn't let me, got banned immediately. So don't mind the old name. I now have a 13 SVTPP/TP GT500 with recaros, nav, glass roof. I've had it for almost a year now. So far I've only done a MGW shifter, FRPP intake resonator delete, and Morimoto LED fog lights.

I'm gonna be getting new tires real soon because the goodyears aren't cutting it and I had a close call with a utility truck cause I spun out too easily. Gonna go with the MT ET Street SS 305/35/20 and Conti extreme DW 275/40/19 for the front. I'm set on this set up.

At the same time I plan on doing LCAs and drop brackets. This is where I need some advice with drop brackets and the install. I've tried using the search toand it wasn't giving me anything cause the words were too common. And since there's no subtopics for the 13-14 gt500 forum, I didn't see anything after a quick scroll. So excuse me for asking a question that's been probably beaten to death 10 times over. Thanks for reading and help.

NJredfire03

Established Member
This is where I need some advice with drop brackets and the install.

I guess I wasn't clear. Whats needed for drop bracket install? And I know there's a few holes in them, which hole is a good start point for stock ride height?

Clemson

Established Member
Are you stock height? The top hole is probably fine. I have the BMR relo brackets and stock height and using the top hole.

little-dw

Established Member
typically, the top hole is more for handling and road racing; the bottom hole is more for traction from a launch and the middle is in between. I know you said you are stock hieght, but I'm lowered and I found the middle for me works the best out of all 3. just my 2cents

testing each hole for what you do would yield the best results. maybe drive a week on the top, week on the middle, and then the lower and see which one you like best. doesnt take long to get under there and adjust the positions

NJredfire03

Established Member
typically, the top hole is more for handling and road racing; the bottom hole is more for traction from a launch and the middle is in between. I know you said you are stock hieght, but I'm lowered and I found the middle for me works the best out of all 3. just my 2cents

testing each hole for what you do would yield the best results. maybe drive a week on the top, week on the middle, and then the lower and see which one you like best. doesnt take long to get under there and adjust the positions

Thanks. Don't know how often I'll get a chance to get underneath. Might try middle position. Most street driving, probably take it down the track once or twice.

Clemson

Established Member

Where are you at in SC?

fearthesnake

Established Member
Went to Clemson, live out towards Greenville now. You hitting up Cars and Coffee at Michelin next weekend?

What time next saturday? I've never been but interested.

May take the car to Pro Dyno tomorrow , believe there is another Dyno Day- Horsepower for Hospice. You going?

Clemson

Established Member
What time next saturday? I've never been but interested.

May take the car to Pro Dyno tomorrow , believe there is another Dyno Day- Horsepower for Hospice. You going?

It starts at 8:00 and runs to around 10 or so before most people start leaving. There were nearly 1300 cars last month.

Users who are viewing this thread