First post in Distillery, E-85 question

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
I've looked at all the threads that I think are relevant to my question, but I can't seem to find a straight answer, a lot of conflicting info.

I am doing a mild rebuild and I figured it would make sense to upgrade to E-85 due to the fact that I'll be running nitrous, here is what my setup is:

Posi ported Eaton w/ 2.76 upper and 4lb lower
JLT rai
Posi ported Dragon TB
NOS plate kit w/ 125 shot
80lb injectors
KB BAP w/ wiring upgrade
offroad x-pipe and Borla stingers cat-back
I will be getting some Kooks headers w/ offroad x-pipe

Now my question is what all will I need to get to upgrade to the corn? There is a user on here, i believe timspony, that was able to get pretty good numbers using the BAP, 80lber's, and dual gt pumps w/ modified fpdm, but are there other ways? I was thinking now would be the time to go to a return setup, but I had heard that Lethal's budget kit would not support my setup on the corn.

I'd like to do this the most cost effective way using new parts, a lot of my budget is going into the engine rebuild and exhaust setup. I'm thinking that it may be best to run dual pumps and dual fpdm's for now, and upgrade to returnless later? I'm pretty new to this fuel thing and I'm willing to learn. Thanks for the help in advance guys.

-Eric

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
I've looked at all the threads that I think are relevant to my question, but I can't seem to find a straight answer, a lot of conflicting info.

I am doing a mild rebuild and I figured it would make sense to upgrade to E-85 due to the fact that I'll be running nitrous, here is what my setup is:

Posi ported Eaton w/ 2.76 upper and 4lb lower
JLT rai
Posi ported Dragon TB
NOS plate kit w/ 125 shot
80lb injectors
KB BAP w/ wiring upgrade
offroad x-pipe and Borla stingers cat-back
I will be getting some Kooks headers w/ offroad x-pipe

Now my question is what all will I need to get to upgrade to the corn? There is a user on here, i believe timspony, that was able to get pretty good numbers using the BAP, 80lber's, and dual gt pumps w/ modified fpdm, but are there other ways? I was thinking now would be the time to go to a returnless setup, but I had heard that Lethal's budget kit would not support my setup on the corn.

I'd like to do this the most cost effective way using new parts, a lot of my budget is going into the engine rebuild and exhaust setup. I'm thinking that it may be best to run dual pumps and dual fpdm's for now, and upgrade to returnless later? I'm pretty new to this fuel thing and I'm willing to learn. Thanks for the help in advance guys.

-Eric

How much power will you make? I think you also mean "return." You wont do anything at higher power levels on a "budget" so get that thought out of your head right from the get-go.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
You're right, edited OP. I'm guessing with the full exhaust and the corn I'd be somewhere around 570-580rwhp off the nitrous? Then whatever the 125 shot will add. I won't be using the spray all the time, just to dip into the 10's on the track, and to add insult to injury on the highway. I figured if I can get away with running a dual gt/walbro/etc pump setup I can always upgrade to a return setup in the future. Just not sure what all I need, ya know?

-Eric

2k4Terminator

Established Member
I think you're alright with GT pumps, BAP, 80# injectors and MAFia. That's what I'm running and I have the same exact setup as you, minus the 125 shot, and I'm still alright on fuel load. And I'm on E85 as well.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
I'm in the same boat, literally. I have the exact same setup and am trying to narrow down the best way to go E85. Let me know how it turns out because I won't be back in the country for another 6 months to have mine tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread