First post ever

DPS

Established Member
Hello Everyone. I have never posted to a forum before so be gentle. I have however, been reading the forum for several months and I would like to thank everybody for all the usefull information. I have joined with the intention of returning some usefull information (at least I will when I have some).
I purchase my black 03 Cobra in March( I got X-plane) with a build date of 02/03 and a YDH1 code. I have just over 2000 miles on the care and I have never been back to the dealer with any problems or warrenty needed.
Currently, the car is bone stock. I have talked with my dealer and SVT about mods, and they have made me comfortable with an exhaust and CAI, but nothing more. I jumped the gun and bought a Mac CAI (that I haven't installed yet), but know I am leaning towards the K&N CAI. I am also torn between the Magnaflow (less expensive) or Bassani X-pipe and cat back system. Any suggestions???
The few things I have learned that I can share at this point:
1. For those with stalling problems, I talked with (either george at RPM Outlet or Tech and Mac products, I can't remember which) and was told that ford will reflash the the chip to correct this issue.
2. If you live near Indianapolis IN, I have found a guy that has a dyno with an A/F sniffer who will do a custom tune using Pro-m's new software.
3. Never show your employee's your new car if your not prepared to hand out raises.
Looking forward to being a part of the new forum and hopefully meeting some 03 cobra owners in this area.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Welcome aboard. That first post is a bitch, right? Yours was a good one. This is the kindest gentlest forum out there (most of the time ha ha)

You should be in SoCal, where perhaps the looniest of the 03 folks are hanging out. If you want a giggle or two, go to the Regional / California forum and partake of the dementia there that is rampant.

All of the regionals should be so active. You should get your regional active. It makes for a lot of fun, and the posts don't disappear so quickly.

BTW a bunch of us like Magnaflow, but like all junkies seem to migrate towards the harder exhausts.
Good luck, have fun, use the search feature
JW

03DOHC

Established Member
Welcome to the site. All the cat-backs are pretty close in performance. Choose the one you want with how much money you have and what sound you want.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Welcome!

If you can find a Cobra group around you, attend a meeting and you will be able to hear many of the different exhaust systems. This has helped me narrow down my choices to probably the Bassani, maybe Steeda [made by Borla] or regular Borla although I heard Chicago Mike's new Borla stinger the other day and it sounded great. With Bassani the x-pipe gives a race car type sound while the h-pipe is more old musclecar sound. You can't go wrong whichever you choose. They all sound better than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread