First post! Custom Exhaust ?

DarkCobra

Established Member
What's up everyone! I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and I was wondering if you all could help me out. I've been researching exhaust systems for my 03, and i've decided to go with the flowmaster deltaflow catback. (loved them on my 00 GT and my wifes 03 GT):coolman: I called Exhaustworks here in Tucson asking about the catbacks, and they said that they could do a custom catback with deltaflows in either 2.5 or 3in. I asked about the tips and they said that they are 3in chrome tips w/angle cut. Total cost = $285.00. I asked him if the piping was mandrell bent and he said no, but there would be no crimps and that the piping would be smooth. Can you guys see any problems that I can't?:shrug: Thanks in advance!

Glad to be here:thumbsup:

DarkCobra

Orange Poison

Established Member
Allot of guys on here have 3" custom catback with Flow mufflers. Fast ones too.

I personally like the Flowmaster sound and have the Flowmaster 2.5 Catback.

Good Luck

KDog

Established Member
I don't even have my car yet and I'm already looking into Flowmasters. Saw a post on here the other day mentioning if you wanted the rumble of the old muscle cars, Flowmaster was the way to go. That's what I want. :)

Let us know how they turn out DarkCobra!!

DarkCobra

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys! I didn't know that there were others running custom 3in exhaust. I guess thats the one that i'll probably go with.

BadAndy

Established Member
exhaust

I have a full 3" exhaust with delta 40 Flowmasters and absolutely love the way the car sounds. Not to loud cruising, but when you step on the gas EVERYONE around you knows, a perfect balance IMHO. With an X-pipe the car doesn’t drone/resonate at 2000-2500 rpm like flows seem to do with an H-pipe either. The bends the exhaust shop was taking about will be smoth (no crimps) but the I.D. of the pipe will be reduced were the bend is made on the pipe in the neighborhood of 1/4"+/-.

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Got the 40Series Flowmasters as well. 3" inlet & outlet. Custom bend isnt all that but does the work. Didnt run the Cat Back by it self but with some Bassani X-pipe with no Cats it was way load & even had me stressing for a few weeks.

Strange thing now is that its not as load as it used to be :shrug: . I miss it so now im going to save some $$ for some FRPP 3" exhaust.

Flowmasters sound great :)

Last edited:

DarkCobra

Established Member
Great info guys, I appriciate it. I had the delta 40's on my 2000 GT and they sounded great. A little drone around 2k rpm but oddly enough, I actually liked it. If the I.D. is a little smaller around the bends with 3in tubing, I can live with that. I traded my GT in April to get the Cobra and all I can say is damn this thing is nice!!! I miss the sound of the flows though!:)

Users who are viewing this thread