First post and a tire problem.

wilson

Established Member
Nice site. I've been visiting sense early October and it has given me a good idea of what I want to do with my car.

Now for my problem. I noticed earlier this week that my passenger side rear tire has been either damaged by rubbing something on the car, or was a defect from the factory. I'm leaning towards a defect. The problem is where the tread meets the sidewall. There is a significant amount of rubber missing and the area looks very rough, almost porous looking. It appears that the tire may have stuck to the mold.

Has anybody else had a problem like this?

TOC

Established Member
I noticed a small cut in the sidewall on one of the tires on my car a few days after taking delivery. I think it was a result of either being loaded or off-loaded from the transporter that caused it. Have heard of this same sort of problem with some other Cobra's (and GT's). Perhaps this is how it occured.

Did you get your car at Tommie Vaughn in Houston? I noticed a white 03 Cobra sitting on their lot a few weeks back.

wilson

Established Member
Thanks for the response guys. After looking at the tire again I don't see how it could be anything but a defect. I've seen allot of cut/rubbed tires and this doesn’t look the same. The dealer may end up calling it a cut, but it doesn't matter to me as long as they replace it.

TOC, I got the car from Bay Area Ford in the middle of October.

LIGHTNING LARRY, Thanks for the welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread