First Post = 2 kills already - '03 cobra vs. 20G wrx vs. S4

termin8r

From STi to SVT
Established Member
This is my first official post, picked up a beatiful DSG '03 Cobra on Saturday and am already having fun with it. Car already had tasteful mods: Pulley, tune and exhaust.

The first race was a buddy's 2002 WRX with basically everything done to it: 20G turbo, STi RA gearset, uppipe, downpipe, catback, FMIC, Injectors, Standalone engine management. Did a 55 roll, i started in 3rd gear, didn't know that second would have been a little better but i had only driven the car for 4 hours total at that point. I was slowly walking him at first, then once 3rd hit its powerband i put an instant 2 cars on him and i hit the brakes cuz it was getting ugly at the top of 3rd.... Needless to say, his car is now for sale on our local Suby board and he's buying something else....any good guesses?

The second was an Audi S4, the Twin turbo model years and i had quite a few days to figure the car and its sweet spots out. He honked, i gave him a second to gain a fender on me, and then i kicked it down and wasn't funny. Cool driver and passengers though, gave the thumbs up... I think they jsut wanted to see and hear the cobra.

Overall, I've had the car for 5 days and have loved every minute of it.

Bryan

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
4 hours and aleady beating on it!

Look/ search around and read up!

Check out modularfords too.

termin8r

From STi to SVT
Established Member
MachME said:
4 hours and aleady beating on it!

Look/ search around and read up!

Check out modularfords too.
i was hardly flogging it, it was basically a run through 3rd gear. And i have been reading...a lot on different forums. I'm no newb when it comes to cars, I had a 2nd Gen DSM and a highly modded WRX. Wanted to go Blown V8 route this time.....so far so good.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
good choice god i cant wait until the day when its time to turn the key on one of those things... oh by the way how does it feel??

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
99stanger said:
good choice god i cant wait until the day when its time to turn the key on one of those things... oh by the way how does it feel??
x2, if everything goes the way i hope ill have one in a month or two. Im like shaken thinking about turning that key and hearing that sexy exhaust. Then leaving my driveway with 2 thick black tires marks :D *runs to bathroom with woody :D*

termin8r

From STi to SVT
Established Member
SVTkel said:
The Cobra has an awesome 3rd gear. 4th isn't too bad either.
i honestly really haven't gotten on it too much in 3rd, next thing you know you're at 100+ mph, and in MN your license it automatically taken away for 6 months when going over 99 mph.

2nd gear seems quite strong IMO

primetime

Established Member
Nice runs! Unless the S4 has upgraded to K04 turbos it has no chance against a 03/04 Cobra. K04's, downpipes, exhaust, chip, and better clutch and they can be in the 11's. later Ron

bmfgsxr

Established Member
when i bought my lightning the dealer had a couple of nice 03 cobras with low miles i wouldnt have minded getting, but i needed a truck to haul my race bike around, etc.. im still very pleased with my decision, although i would love to have a terminator.

Duran

Matador
Established Member
Sweet. I remember the first time I floored it in my Cobra. It was during the test drive and my wife was in the passanger seat. She doesnt really like mustangs and was not really paying any attention and was text messaging on her phone. Then when I floored the only thing I could hear once it was all over was "SHIT". Haha.

Last edited:

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
3rd can get scary if your not paying attention. in a blink of an eye your in tripple digits. i love this damn car ;)

Users who are viewing this thread