First pic with the new camera.

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Ok, so I suck at the internet. If the pics are to big, ill resize them again.

Last edited:

jguerrero

Established Member
nice car.....I was looking at a orange colored one the other day just for fun. It handles pretty good.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
Originally posted by unit213
What do those things make at the wheels, 150fwhp?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, how much power do they put to the ground typically?? How do you like it? Does it handle as well as I hear? I've heard that, with the exception of actual torque, these cars are a real blast to drive.

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Thanks for the comments, and sarcasm. Most dyno around 150/130. Other than the absence of tire shredding torque and horsepower, the car is a blast. Couple of day shots up through the pass.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Beautiful car....I haven't seen too many SVTF's running around.

COBRA32

Established Member
Hey hookeypuck very funning there alot of things I would like to take from that focus for our Mustangs for one thing those focus's have better sound systems and better build Quality than our stangs; at least their hoods and doors line up. Try finding a 2003 Cobra where the Hood lines up. The driver side of the hood will most of the time have a bigger gap then the pass side. Don't let me get talking about the door lines; the doors never seem to line up with the front fender. I guess we will have to wait until 2006 to get a car that doesn't look like a drunk put it together on a friday. Just venting its sad that Fords image car get so little attention to detail. Just go take a look at your body panel line ups on the Mustang compared to even the old design Crown Vic it pales in comparision. But I guess we didn't buy these cars for the way our body panels line up, but it sure would be nice to at least
match a Focus in build quality. Not slamming the Cobra I'm buying a new one and its redfire. Just wishing for some improvements in our Stangs in the future.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic at all. That was a serious question. I know nothing about them so I was just looking for some info. What does it weigh?

COBRA32

Established Member
You need to visit your local SVT dealer and take a SVT focus out for a test drive. You will be shocked that its a small car and handles so well. Its almost like when you test drive a Lightning for the first time and say to yourself this is a truck. All the SVT rides are great and try them all out you will not be sorry you did. The SVT Cobra, The SVT Focus, and The SVT Lightning we are all family.:beer:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Originally posted by Green SVT
You know, the Contour isn't so bad either. And don't knock on the dyno. I'm pushing 152fwhp. (roll eyes)

-R-

I'll race you...in reverse! :p :)

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
This whole thread is funny to me. "Hockeyuck_74" - HILARIOUS :) and I for one love the sarcasm "unit213". I have always been a fan of V8 musclecars, anything less gets no love, not even a thought. I appreciate the young guys that may not have the $$ to throw down on a GT/Cobra, and I like the SVT Focus because it's a factory built machine and not "Riced Out". I would like to ride in one sometime. I've never seen/noticed one out on the road.

My beef is some of these little ricers go overboard. The attitude of some is funny to me, most of these guys really don't understand the difference in cubic inches and what REAL HP is all about! Sometimes I'm still amazed at the craze with these little imports and 4-6cyl ricers.

What does a stock SVT Focus have (HP)? N/A, Turbo or SC? What cars does it compete with on a sporting level? What do they cost?

Users who are viewing this thread