first pass at the track since getting retuned.

purdueranger

Established Member
I went to Oreilly raceway park last night to try out the slicks and skinnies since it was a slick tire test and tune. I was having problems with my 2-step actually catching and trying to sit there at the line and build boost. If it did catch and put it on the 2-step at 4500 RPMs, it would barely build 4psi of boost. I could raise it or lower it and it wouldn't make a difference on how much boost it would build, would always build 4psi. After my first pass down the track, I was having clutch issues the rest of the night. I need to put the car up in the air and try to adjust the cable. It was perfect before I started racing but after the first pass, the engagement was all the way at the floor.

My best pass of the night and only full 1/4 mile pull was on 16psi and I was told to slow down after that, no roll bar.

60' - 1.74
330' - 4.743
1/8th - 7.227
MPH - 96.64
1000' - 9.38
1/4 - 11.14
MPH - 128.19

This was leaving under vacuum since the 2-step didn't want to work on that pass. I was amazed on how stable the car was going down the track at 125-130mph.

The setup on the car is...

Hellion T76 turbo kit
93 Octane with water/meth injection
SRA with 3.31 gears
28x10.50 ET Drags at 15psi
26 spline Spec 3+ clutch
Magnaflow Magnapack catback

goat-ee

Established Member
I went to Oreilly raceway park last night to try out the slicks and skinnies since it was a slick tire test and tune. I was having problems with my 2-step actually catching and trying to sit there at the line and build boost. If it did catch and put it on the 2-step at 4500 RPMs, it would barely build 4psi of boost. I could raise it or lower it and it wouldn't make a difference on how much boost it would build, would always build 4psi. After my first pass down the track, I was having clutch issues the rest of the night. I need to put the car up in the air and try to adjust the cable. It was perfect before I started racing but after the first pass, the engagement was all the way at the floor.

My best pass of the night and only full 1/4 mile pull was on 16psi and I was told to slow down after that, no roll bar.

60' - 1.74
330' - 4.743
1/8th - 7.227
MPH - 96.64
1000' - 9.38
1/4 - 11.14
MPH - 128.19

This was leaving under vacuum since the 2-step didn't want to work on that pass. I was amazed on how stable the car was going down the track at 125-130mph.

The setup on the car is...

Hellion T76 turbo kit
93 Octane with water/meth injection
SRA with 3.31 gears
28x10.50 ET Drags at 15psi
26 spline Spec 3+ clutch
Magnaflow Magnapack catback

Not bad at all, damn near 10's without the 2-step. I have a similar setup (see sig) at 10psi. I finally got my N2MB 2-step operational and went to run Wednesday but it started raining before I could even get one run in.

If you have the N2MB unit did you use the WOT shift feature in your runs and if so how did you like it?

Also, on the runs where you did get it to build boost on the line, was the MPH any better for the run?

[ame=http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f8/no1jophus/Cobra/?action=view&current=SDV_0062.flv]
th_SDV_0062.jpg
[/ame]

Last edited:

purdueranger

Established Member
I have used the NLS before and I do like it for keeping the boost between the gears.

I haven't got all out on a boosted launch at the track. If works allows me to get off early this wednesday, I will go back to the track and try and see what a 5psi launch will net me ET and MPH wise.

purdueranger

Established Member
Isn`t the new IHRA ruling allow for 10.99 and slower cars without cages?

ORP is a fully Sponsored NHRA track. It's the track that the US Nationals are held at during labor day weekend. They have to follow all NHRA safety regulations.

I am not sure on the IHRA rule. It would be nice to lower the NHRA rule to 10.99 since there are factory cars that run low 11s bone stock.

Users who are viewing this thread