First pass 12.77 and it gets better!

racerage7

Established Member
Well Im a new member and a new owner of a 03 cobra.I managed to put 800 miles on my car in 6 days just so I could go drag race it with at least some break in miles.I drove to the track,teched in,and with no cool off went staight to the lanes and my first pass ever was a 12.77 at 110.44 with a 1.993 60ft. The car weighed in at 3676 no driver and with a full tank of gas,spare tire and all. No mods what so ever.The best with no modes was a 12.67,but i was ready to go for a better ET. So I pulled the air silencer and filter and the best ET came in at 12.51 at 111.45 with a 1.86 60ft. Not to bad on stock radials. Man you guys should really try it with a full tank. Thats weight over to rear half shafts. Any improvement on 60ft equals a better ET. I have tryed this with all 5 off my stangs and it always gave me better 60ft and my best ETs. Just trying to help! I know it sounds crazy but give it a try and let me know how things turn out for you. Well Im headed to the track tonight at HRP to see if my ET improves.Im going for 12.00s with the least amount off mods.

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
That's pretty good, especially if you see what's said on most GM biased sites, where they often say "13.6'13.3's as stock ET's. The 1st Cobra I ever saw run, went 11.80's at over 118mph. Clearly modified already. Good luck with it.

racerage7

Established Member
thanks for the kind words.Im no stranger to the track and racing.I also have a 89 full interior,a/c and all 3300lb street car that runs 11.00s at 128mph on 275x40x17 nitto drags. Racing is a lot of fun for me and i have been doing it for about 17 years now.I usually go to the track between 2 and 3 nights a week. It made me feel good to give the stock Cobra some justice. I have been out there hanging if not beating most of the Cobras coming to the track that have mods.

2003cobra

Established Member
you didn't need to pull the air silencer and filter. i have seen some stock cobra's run 12.2 to 12.4 bone stock. it all depends on the reaction time 60ft and take off. but if you want to modify the car then that was the best thing to do. Good times!

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by NoSVT's4me
That's pretty good, especially if you see what's said on most GM biased sites, where they often say "13.6'13.3's as stock ET's. The 1st Cobra I ever saw run, went 11.80's at over 118mph. Clearly modified already. Good luck with it.

Yeah I've seen those posts, but most of the time those runs were made at high elevation tracks(Palmdale 2700'+)

degradated

Established Member
Originally posted by 00lightning
you didn't need to pull the air silencer and filter. i have seen some stock cobra's run 12.2 to 12.4 bone stock. it all depends on the reaction time 60ft and take off. but if you want to modify the car then that was the best thing to do. Good times!

Reaction time has no effect on ET.

Nice runs!

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
Great times - i ordered DSG cobra- will be recieving week of march 1 - I cant wait - i plan on doin the same thing straight to the track - how did u launch and what rpm did u shift

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Have you had it on a dyno yet to see what your stock numbers are? I'd be curious to see them since there's a fairly wide spread (330RWHP-390RWHP) from what's been posted elsewhere on this board.

racerage7

Established Member
No, really dont care about dyno numbers. It really doesnt matter to me how much HP Im making just as long as it puts down the E.T. Your right though every Cobra I have seen dyno #s on has been differnt. Man, no two cars are the same. Some off us just get better ones than others. Sorry I wasnt more help. Ill let you know if I hear of any stock #s though!

Users who are viewing this thread