First partial dyno!!

BOSSisback82

Established Member
This is the first dyno of the car. Working out the air fuel ratios and getting the car to idle. it's taking some time to tune because of the massive changes that have been made to the motor and the lack of the egr equipment......these aren't your typical bolt-ons people this is a fully built cobra motor. This was only a 5000rpm pull and the car only had 23 degrees of timing so nothing special yet. Only made 261 hp @5031 rpm and 274 torque @ 4857 rpm when he let out. The fuel still isn't right and the horsepower and torque were still climbing straight up on the dyno graph when he let out. Mind you this is on a mustang dyno so a dyno jet would be somewhere around 289.7 hp and 304 tq. I'm not too keen on the sound of this exhaust but it's what came on the car when I bought it. I'm eventually going to put on a bassani cat back. car is extremely dirty and the trunk and hood are still just wet sanded not buffed...enjoy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D8nu5RT3Ro"]YouTube - 1998 mustang gt with cobra motor swap (first partial dyno session)[/ame]

Last edited:

BOSSisback82

Established Member
its a color changing blue

Haha thanks for clarifying man. Yes it's called spectramaster blue it's a dupont color. It might be your computer screen that makes it look more purple. I had to adjust mine to make it look like it actually does in real life. play around with it and see what you get.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Haha thanks for clarifying man. Yes it's called spectramaster blue it's a dupont color. It might be your computer screen that makes it look more purple. I had to adjust mine to make it look like it actually does in real life. play around with it and see what you get.

i remember last time you posted up everyone saying purple and you kept saying "no no its blue i swear!"

yes in some of the pics i did see blue others like in that vid i see purple

Whatever it is, its not the worst:p

And I agree with you, that exhaust doesn't really have enough bark to back up the bite

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
dont like the sound and it seemed like it took forever, what rpm was it started?

BOSSisback82

Established Member
dont like the sound and it seemed like it took forever, what rpm was it started?

it's just a crappy h pipe with flowmaster setup and it's what was on the car when I bought it. the run started at 1700 rpm and went up to just under 5000

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread