First oil change on the 14 GT

av8tr

Established Member
Today was the first oil change for my 2014 GT. Based on this forum and other information sources I went with AMSOIL 5W-20 and an Amsoil/WIX filter.
My question for the smart folks of SVTP is this: Is the oil life readout on the Mustang based strictly on a predetermined mileage? If so, can I change that? I would read the manual but I'm stuck at work and would rather let you guys tell me. Thanks in advance.

5.0Flareside

Established Member
if I'm not mistaken its a big ole algorithm to determine service intervals. based on time, mileage rpms, and some other stuff if I understand right.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
if I'm not mistaken its a big ole algorithm to determine service intervals. based on time, mileage rpms, and some other stuff if I understand right.
+1. You should, however, be able to manually change/reset the "percentage" of oil life life left. It's not the same as changing the interval, but it can prevent/fix unnecessary oil change reminders.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
The oil life settings are based on cheaper base oils, to be changed in 10,000 miles or less. Amsoil Signature Series will go beyond that. If you have been close to 10,000 miles, and oil life is 1% or less...no worries, Amsoil is there.

Users who are viewing this thread