first night at track

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
first night at track w/ this lightning on radials----what do you guys think------
60' 1.95
1/8 8.12------84.7 mph
1000ft 10.73
1/4 12.85
mph 106.6

mods are ----6#,accufab TB, brute force CAI, TR6 plugs, diablo hand held tune(no custom tune YET), ground force springs in front, hangars and shackles in rear(looks great) did myself, havent installed rear sway links yet----lots of room for improvement----but im happy---give me some feed back---thanx in advance

white01

T76GTS Power
Established Member
Nice run....get some slicks and see that truck run 12.4's easy.

Rich

boca ron

Banned
NITRO PASS said:
How Much Better Do You Think A Custom Tune Will Help
Nice run, looks like your truck responded well to the mods. Im assuming this was at moroso? If so all things considered especially heat and lack of track prep on the 1.95 60 for you to still pull off a solid 12 run is pretty damn good . Id be happy with that. As far as tuning goes right now you may want to hold off a minute. The revised predator tunes are not to bad and with the predator you have a little flexibility to create a little hotter tune, but until you can monitor a/fs you should prolly leave well enough alone. Get you a wideband a/f gauge if you can and maybe a few more boltons then later you get your custom tune built with all supporting mods in place. Whatever you choose to do best of luck to ya, see you at the track. boca :coolman:

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
was at moroso last night--but the predator comes with a basic tune(3#-6#) cant it be dialed in a bit more to create a little more horse power, especially a/f.. or would i be wasting my time at Racers edge....Pauls' already mad at me for doing the lowering kit myself---it was really hot last night---last run was best----btw what color is yur truck(red????) coral springs here

boca ron

Banned
red yup, razors edge? uhh no comment, but i do hope you can read between the lines of my no comment. as i said you can tweak the a/fs with the pred. as well as other parameters but without a way to monitor the a/f its like russian roulette. Are you familiar enough with the predator to datalog a run?

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
NITRO PASS said:
was at moroso last night--but the predator comes with a basic tune(3#-6#) cant it be dialed in a bit more to create a little more horse power, especially a/f.. or would i be wasting my time at Racers edge....Pauls' already mad at me for doing the lowering kit myself---it was really hot last night---last run was best----btw what color is yur truck(red????) coral springs here
I was there yesterday..I have a red one.What time did you get there? There was only a gray one and a white one there but I left early..Just came to watch with my son..I know the guy in the white one.There was also a red Gen 1 there.Was that you in the gray one?

Last edited:

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
i saw you bruce--i was there w/ the viper--i was behind him---you both left early---i was having some bad runs until the track got cooler after some break downs---

ron ----i was messin with it for a bit but like i said, i just put everything on---so no---not familiar---i am going to get a good a/f meter---i'm not too thrilled with edge either----i was a ford tech for years, so i know what i'm doing--but glad to take advice

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
NITRO PASS said:
bruce--i didnt get a close look, but looks like a box intake on urs--lots of mods????i think ur son was taking pics??

No that was chris with his little brother taking pics..

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Your truck looks just like Matts...AKA thunderbolt..He is usually there every wednesday night.. 12.85 not bad..

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
It was hot as balls there last night.I think it was in the mid 80's when I left..I am still waiting on my tune.I have to get it modified a little.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Not sure on that fender mod...I have the JLP cold air intake which collects the cold air via a scoop under the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread