First n2o + slick passes

chrisweekspc

Established Member
I always remember reading the threads going around about "Another Cobra hits the wall"

That was almost me yesterday. Went out to the local 1/8 track so test out the n2o & Slicks, first pass launched at 4k, came out with a 1.5 60 ft, snatched 2nd and car broke loose, saved it, but nearly hit the wall, had to have been less than 1 foot from the wall, but saved myself, let off and rolled into a 7.5 @ 73mph.

Ran a blower pass, same as usual, then did another n2o run, bogged a little, 1.6 60 ft, peddled 2nd gear, ran into a 7.1 @ 92mph..mph's are low, obviously on the first n2o pass, and the second because trakc prep wasn't the greatest is all I can assume, so I had to ease out.

Great launches, but not so greta passes.

Ill post videso

Bette rluck next time, still on the quest for my 6 second slip, even though I am way behind the crowd.

Car definitely has some 6.7x's - 6.8x's in it without a doubt, feels incredibly strong.

EDIT: Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1336QrE8R-Q

Sorry for the low quality. First run 1.5 60ft stock suspension, broke loose in 2nd if u watch u can see me nearly hit the wall and slam brakes, coasted to a 7.5 @ 73mph.

Last edited by a moderator:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I think you broke loose cause the tires weren't heated up enough. Assuming your burn out on your 1st pass was the same as your 2nd pass in the video. Either that or you got out of the groove. -Mark

chrisweekspc

Established Member
I think you broke loose cause the tires weren't heated up enough. Assuming your burn out on your 1st pass was the same as your 2nd pass in the video. Either that or you got out of the groove. -Mark

Very possible, I think it had to do with the tires possible not being heated up enough, and the pressure I was running.

I was not use to how the car would handle @ 11 pound in the tires. I moved them up to 13ish and the car handled a little better.

I just have some personal testing to do until I can learn the car. It's a lot different now, so it will just take time.

chrisweekspc

Established Member
You're right in my neck of the woods too :)

Yep, I think my buddy who used to have the Yellow SRT-10 Ram use to run you quite a bit. I remember him telling me about you. I have spoke with you in the past as well a couple times on the boards, still haven't met though.

Make it out this way sometime.

Big meet Nov. 10 @ Goodyear on 15th Street.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Nice runs man.....I just ran my car at montgomery.....we need to get-up......spyder( my partner in crime went too)....

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Yep, I think my buddy who used to have the Yellow SRT-10 Ram use to run you quite a bit. I remember him telling me about you. I have spoke with you in the past as well a couple times on the boards, still haven't met though.

Make it out this way sometime.

Big meet Nov. 10 @ Goodyear on 15th Street.

Yep, Steve (stick) and I used to run the ole trucks alot. I wouldn't mind seeing how the cobra's match up sometime soon, just waiting on mine to get back. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread