First Mods on the way!

XDkyleXD

Established Member
I just ordered an EGR delete and Oil Separator kit from LFP..
I also have the pieces necessary for the Boost Bypass mod..
Needless to say I am excited for next weekend!!!:pepper::dancenana:

Welp back to surfing the forums!!!:read::read::read::read:

XDkyleXD

Established Member
Also just ordered a Factory Tech Valve Body... Hellz to the yeah....
In a few weeks Ill be ordering a 4# crank pulley and Ill be done..... for now

Dusten

Established Member
I hope you have a tuner already or the egr delete is going to set a check engine light. Also, not really sure why thats your first mod. The boost bypass is a myth, don't waste your time. Again, if you get a 4lb, i hope you have a tuner already, with a good tune, or that you plan to order a tuner with your 4lb. And please don't run the canned tune. have someone tune it, or get with JJ @ WMS or Rick @ Amazon and get an email tune. Make sure they know you deleted the EGR.

XDkyleXD

Established Member
Got my tuner on standby!:coolman:

Also wanted an EGR delete to make my engine bay look cleaner...

Last edited:

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
Make sure you clean the intercooler before you throw on the separator.
While you clean the intercooler, that would be a good time to change your plugs if you haven't done so. TR 6's gapped at .34-.36
Also change the fuel filter if you haven't done so.

Dusten

Established Member
he's going to have to change plugs when he does the pulley anyways. If he gets a six, he's going to want a bigger maf, or maf extender, and will definitely want a better tune than what comes on the tuner

XDkyleXD

Established Member
I already changed plugs and coil packs when I bought the truck it had a real bad miss on cylinder 3..
If I go with a 6 would it be DD reliable??

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
Yes, it could still be your DD even with the 6. Just make sure you have all the supporting mods you need b4 getting into it, such as a bigger MAF or MAFia, tune, and appropriately gapped plugs. You'll need a different tune for the winter months however, or just not drive the L.

Dusten

Established Member
thats fine that you changed them, but do you have the proper heat range for more boost, or did you put in stock heat range plugs?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1, hopefully atleast you put in some TR6's and gapped a little tighter. The 6 will be fine like they said. Also in your tune, they can add a little lead way for winter months or you can drive it, just don't really do any WOT blasts. The boost bypass, you can do it but I hope you didn't buy it from some dealer, you can get the parts from an auto store for like 6-8 bucks. but you can have your tuner do it in the tune. Def clean the intercooler when you can and add the oil sep kit. Also, you can find used diablo mafia's on ebay. I just bought one for 90 bucks, I have a 6lb lower and getting a dyno tune tomorrow. Finally, sux driving this truck and doing zero WOT's or barely touching boost, but it also has a tune till i actually get the dyno tune.

Dusten

Established Member
Yes, it could still be your DD even with the 6. Just make sure you have all the supporting mods you need b4 getting into it, such as a bigger MAF or MAFia, tune, and appropriately gapped plugs. You'll need a different tune for the winter months however, or just not drive the L.

Neither of my trucks have had different tunes for winter vs summer. You just need a tuner who knows what the **** they are doing. How many L's have you seen blow up running a JDM tune, WMS tune, ATS tune, PSI tune? I'd venture to say very few, and even less that are just running a 6lb and tune.

Users who are viewing this thread