First Mods for the GT500

TimKonaGT500

Established Member
I couldn't even go two weeks before ordering parts! LOL Took advantage of the Lethal Performance Columbus Day sale and got a couple of parts. Nothing major, but I am going down the slippery slope!

- MRT Carbon Fiber hood struts (prop rod had to go)
- Airaid blue air filter (factory one was looking shabby)
- JLT carbon fiber intake tube (a bit of eye candy)

I did manage to have a little restraint and did not order an exhaust system or the CDC convertible styling bar! LOL

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
That's how it starts, might as well get a tune a wake the car up a little bit as well.

I'm 3 years in and it's just as bad as the first few weeks, I look at parts daily.

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I couldn't even go two weeks before ordering parts! LOL Took advantage of the Lethal Performance Columbus Day sale and got a couple of parts. Nothing major, but I am going down the slippery slope!

I did manage to have a little restraint and did not order an exhaust system or the CDC convertible styling bar! LOL

Thanks for your order. We really appreciate it. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Jared :beer:

Eds01Lightning

Established Member

Those were pretty much my first mods as well. Next came the Eibach Pro Lowering Kit from Lethal...:beer:

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
You may need a tune with that cold air intake you got already....Might want to double check or hold off installing it until you get the pulley too...

Black Sex

Established Member
I vote you skip the pulley and tune and go straight for the tvs swap if funds allow.

^ This is what I did.
I pullied and tuned my 04 Cobra only to swap in a whipple less than 3 months later.

The way I did my car was
-Lowering springs, LCA's, hood struts
-TVS, intake, tune
-UCA, Relo brackets, DSS 1pc

Next will H/E and brakes

TimKonaGT500

Established Member
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I bought an 89LX convertible in 1997 that over the years touched every bolt at some point modifying, improving and changing, so I know how the game starts.

My wife is on "high alert" for car parts showing up after plunking down the cash on this one, so for now they have to be subtle. :nonono:

After moving from a 300+ ish HP Fox to a 550 HP GT500 I will take some time to enjoy the extra power before having to boost it up. :thumbsup:

Next on my list though:
- Shifter
- Styling bar
- Exhaust (stock is fairly raspy, but will want more)

Those may wait until spring. For now I will be spending the winter Zaino-ing the car to get that Kona blue to really pop. :rockon:

Having the SVT performance package, I am very hesitant to change the suspension much. Might look at some minor tweaks, but I don't want to throw off the awesome balance that is there between handling/ride.

TimKonaGT500

Established Member
Thanks for your order. We really appreciate it. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Jared :beer:

Jared, my only complaint was you guys shipped TOO fast!! Tried to deliver while I was still out of town, so I got the 20 questions about car parts being delivered!! :rolling:

Service was awesome, and I am sure I will be back for more! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread