first mods for 02 auto GT

semperfimrn1

Established Member
air intake, pulleys, longtube headers, catback and the gears. get it al tuned and you'll be set. pretty much all the bolt ons you could do without throwing cams into the engine and whatnot

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
dont waste money on pulleys. They do nothing but give you a say so in having a set. I bought some thinking it would help and noticed absolutely nothing. Dont waste money

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
get a blower and don't worry about other bolton;s. Also, 4:10's are great if your car never sees over 55mph, if get on the highway very often your MPG will do down a good amount and you'll run really high rpm's, i would go with 3:55's.

tdcalhoun89

_
Established Member
Op, what are you goals for the car? Figure out what you want out of the car and go there. Gears and a nice sounding exhaust is a good start. Get some good tires and brakes and go from there. If you want a good handling car, I'd go with coil-overs. If you want to drag the car, I'd go for some sort of f/i.

BlackHrtStang

METAL!
Established Member
i did gears in mine and wish i hadnt. went with 3.73's and didnt notice much of a difference. i know its not a power adding part but i felt much more of a difference when i did my mid pipe.

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
Everything thats been mentioned, plus cams. They're actually easy to install if you get the timing chain retention tool from anderson motorsports. I swapped cams in mine in about an hour and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread