First Mod

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Tires and cooling are a must first off, on a 12 I wouldn't mess with the suspension to much unless it's going to be a serious drag car. For the street my stock suspension hooks very well, even at the drag I can't complain.

Doc Vegas

Established Member
I am a new owner as well. Just curious why you picked the oil separator as the first mod??? A assume this is more important than I would have guessed... or?

My first mod was an Air Raid filter, but it needed one anyway... putting on a Revan pulley/idler combo, NGK plugs, and Lund tune in the next two days! :banana:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Yeah shifter is in the top 5 as well along with some better trans fluid although these mods are a little more involved. Oil separator is a good idea on both sides due to ease of install/cost, once you pull a blower off without having one for 5k miles you'll see why it was a good idea. Fyi, I did an airaid filter and resonator delete first, still can't believe ford started putting these on our cars to make the blower quiet.

Last edited:

BLK93GT

Established Member
I had the dreaded 1-2 grind/lockout and for me the MGW was my fix. My car has many more miles than most though. I'm going to get a separator in the spring.

I don't mind the OEM svtpp tires once they are warm but if I had the $$ I would get something else.

fullboogie

Established Member
Well, you gotta start somewhere. It will quickly escalate until you are looking at your kids and wondering how much money they will bring on the black market...

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
Great info now I'm leaning toward a different route
1.oil separator
2.tires
3.MGW
4.trans fluid swap
5.cooling

Not a bad list. On my 12 I went:

1. oil separator
2. tune/pulley
3. tires
4. TVS :rockon::rockon::rockon:
Next Mods
5. MGW (1-2 grind)
6. cooling

If I had to do it over again:

1. oil separator
2. MGW
3. TVS :rockon::rockon::rockon:
4. tires
5. cooling

Flight_83

Established Member
on a 12 I wouldn't mess with the suspension to much unless it's going to be a serious drag car. For the street my stock suspension hooks very well, even at the drag I can't complain.

Yeah, try that suspension out in the corners. Not horrible by any means but the factory suspension should always be one of the first mods. Doesn't have to be an all out track suspension but the basics for a solid foundation is a must.

Flight_83

Established Member
Well, you gotta start somewhere. It will quickly escalate until you are looking at your kids and wondering how much money they will bring on the black market...

:lol::lol::lol: Sad but so true. That and you start your day by bringing up all the forum classifieds with your coffee in hand.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Yeah, try that suspension out in the corners. Not horrible by any means but the factory suspension should always be one of the first mods. Doesn't have to be an all out track suspension but the basics for a solid foundation is a must.

For the road course on a regular basis it's worth the upgrades, my car might see that once a year so for me it's not worth the extra cost. It is a little sloppy in the turns but I usually catch up in the straight aways. :beer:

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
6 pack, I had to drive mine home so I didn't drink more than 2 though (booo).

Took me a few hrs in the garage on ramps. Not bad really. Pretty simple.

Yep ... did mine on ramps too. Definitly a 'take your time' kind of job. I am still running a stock suspension on my 2012 vert also, with drag radials. No complaints, but I dont track the car at all.

Flight_83

Established Member
For the road course on a regular basis it's worth the upgrades, my car might see that once a year so for me it's not worth the extra cost. It is a little sloppy in the turns but I usually catch up in the straight aways. :beer:

Im with you man :beer: I'm not even really talking about a road course though. Just pointing out that with power adders you will need to upgrade your suspension to not only get power down but to be safe while doing it on the street, strip, or road course. You have to turn sometime :rockon:

Ratinacage

Established Member
Im with you man :beer: I'm not even really talking about a road course though. Just pointing out that with power adders you will need to upgrade your suspension to not only get power down but to be safe while doing it on the street, strip, or road course. You have to turn sometime :rockon:

Yeah I noticed when the car loses traction it kicks out from under you. I thought lca's would at least keep it in a straight line.

Users who are viewing this thread