First Mod Ordered - Flowmaster Hushpowers

YELL03

Established Member
I bought my 2011 Mustang GT automatic 12/6/10

Today 12/16/10 I ordered my 1st mod, the Flowmaster Hushpower axleback system.:banana:

I listened to all the clips, but I really was considering the Roush and Flowmasters for under $400....

The Roush sounded a bit hollow and raspy, but does not drone.

The Hushpower sounds deeper from what I can tell, maybe at the expense of some drone, but I am pretty sure I will deal with it.

I have only had one exhaust that droned on a car that I could not deal with....
I had B&B Bullets on my 2005 C6 Corvette automatic, it was insane.

I currently have SLP Loudmouths on my daughter's 2007 Mustang GT automatic and I love it.

I did not want to spend a fortune and ended up buying the Flowmaster Hushpower kit #819109 for $357 shipped.
For that price it was definitely worth taking a shot.

Next up....
Which CAI?:shrug:
Airaid, C&L, Roush or a K&N drop-in?
All four can be used without a tune or with a tune.

Then...
Which tune?:shrug:

Should be fun....;-)

cobra1718

Established Member
good choice on the hushpower. I have them since week two of ownership and sound the best of all I have heard. There is drone but not to much to bear. congrats. BTW dont know the HP gains but I put a K&N drop in with a VMP tune. It runs well with the new tune.

YELL03

Established Member
good choice on the hushpower. I have them since week two of ownership and sound the best of all I have heard. There is drone but not to much to bear. congrats. BTW dont know the HP gains but I put a K&N drop in with a VMP tune. It runs well with the new tune.

Thanks for the response.
The Roush cai looks cool, all it does is replace the stock box with a filter and new maf tube and utilizes all the factory stuff.

They claim around 8rwhp with the stock tune.

For $199 it is quick and easy.

The K&N for $50 is even easier.

VMP is a good tuner.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i bought the hushpower because i loved the sound clips and the price was hard to pass up.... well, that didn't last long. the drone gave me a headache every time i drove the car so i bought the borla s-type to replace them. i wish i would have just paid the premium to begin with. you get what you pay for...

YELL03

Established Member
i bought the hushpower because i loved the sound clips and the price was hard to pass up.... well, that didn't last long. the drone gave me a headache every time i drove the car so i bought the borla s-type to replace them. i wish i would have just paid the premium to begin with. you get what you pay for...

I had Borlas on my 2006 C6 Vette, hands down the best Vette exhaust I've ever heard.

They are pricey, but they always sound good.

As for the Hushpowers, I hear they are OK with the stock cats, but do a o/r x-pipe and the drone is rough.

stang910

Established Member
Yeah the drone isn't even noticable with the factory cats in place. With an O/R X it's almost unbearable at times. It does sound really good though.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
Yeah the drone isn't even noticable with the factory cats in place. With an O/R X it's almost unbearable at times. It does sound really good though.

well mine was all stock except for the axle back and the drone was unbearable...

cobra1718

Established Member
I truly hope it will be loud enough for me.

My daughter's SLP Loudmouths are a nice volume at regular crusing.
They are not very loud. Matter of fact I just ordered the Heartthrob catback with the hpipe without resonators. When those come in I can give you more feedback

mus99gt

Established Member
I had SLP Loud Mouth II's on my vette. I have been eyeing them since I heard them on the web for the 5.0!!
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread