First LS1 kill

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
I was leaving a summer college class when out of one of the exits from the college I saw a nice black trans am with no window tint. I didn't think much of it but I saw he made the right hand turn to go in the same direction as me when next thing I know he's going for a fly by (nose end was up and I could hear him coming). I down shifted into 2nd and waited for him to be about next to my car, I surprisingly quickly stopped his pull but missed 2nd :nonono: He noticed that and slowed down quickly. Drove next to eachother to the next light, it happened to be red.

He didn't look over so I did and he rolled down his window. This is what he said word for word, "What year is that?" I replied, "97." He said, "How much power do those have 300-305?" I acknowledged, "Yeah 305." AND he replied like a D-bag as he shrugged, "This is an LS1, so uh..." The light had turned green and we started moving so I think I heard him say, "sucks to be you," at the end of the conversation. LOL.

So I wanted a 20 roll, I figured that was my best shot at even dreaming about beating an LS1 (I have 4.10s thats why lol), he denied that and sped up to about 45mph. I was in second and said to myself ah what the hell I'm gonna get spanked either way. I honked three times and hit it. The mph were advancing and I was right next to him! I was thinking no way! I shifted into third just as he was starting to pull a tiny bit. Top of third I pulled out infront, his nose was at my door. I slam it into 4th and what do you know I began to slowly pull. I put at least a half car maybe a car hard to tell as we were going fast and I was trying to watch the road. But I still wasn't at the top of fourth and I was pulling. I decided to end it and slammed on the brakes.

I looked over at him when he caught up and his face was priceless! He was in complete disbelief! I waved and made my right turn.

Super impressed with my mustang II redheaded step-child SN95 4V.
4.10s, o/r x, catback, canned bama tune, (driver mod for this event lol). Trans am sounded like it had exhaust and possibly an intake but not 100% sure.

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice...sounds similar to encounters I had when I owned my old 97 cobra with similar mods to you. I had hpipe flows 4.10 gears and a jlt cai...no tune but i wanted one...totaled it before i got to throw on a tune. it ran well for what it was and surprised a lot of people...i too have the driver mod lol. I think a lot of these ls and lt guys encounter cobras (ecspecially n/a ones) that aren't driven properly and they smoke them and think they can do that to all...these cars more so than any require the driver mod to come close to full potential...if you shift early you're screwed

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Thanks fellas :beer: Still on that LS1 kill high lol. I didn't think it could happen.

Definitely never shift the na b head 4v before 7k! You got that right blkvenm!
PS why did you sell your Mach??

I don't think it was auto because when the trans would shift the nose would come down momentarily then pull back up. Also, I could barely here it over the sound of my Magnapacks! They're awesomely loud at WOT.

4valved

Banned
Dope I should take my vids and post them on ls1 tech I have a few agaisnt my friends 99 ls1 ss m6 were pretty close to each other

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Hahaha yeah the trans am driver was thinking LS1s never lose.

Yeah first ls kill, I hardly ever see any. I had one do a nitrous purge next to me on the hwy a few months back but he got off the hwy. Lucky for me, that would have been bad lol.

4valved lol that's asking for trouble! I'm sure they're gonna start a riot.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
but but but LS1>B headed 4V....I SO SOWEE OP BUT DIS IMPOSSIBRU :bs:

HAHAHA j/k man, nice kill for sure:beer:

4valved

Banned
^^^ ill run your c headed mach With b headed cobra you might not like the outcome tho

Don't be putting us sn95 guys down we started it all for you guys! :)

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Lol at the "he must have read the brochure" haha.

Lol yeah I'm sure your LT1 is faster buddy.

haha but still, LS1> B head Cobra :burn:
Thanks boss!

mjs1012

Established Member
As an ls1 guy i gotta hand it to ya, good kill. From the sounds of it he prob had a near stock auto and too big of an ego and you had the driver mod. Hes dumb if his car was actually an auto since basically anything over a 30 roll is useless without a converter.

Users who are viewing this thread