First look at an FRPP M55 catback for 99-04 Cobras.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
My FRPP M55 3" catback just came in. I got the M55 for three reasons:

1. Nobody runs it and I wanted something different.
2. Its listed as "will produce significant noise and may be objectionable in some applications." :D
3. It was the least expensive 3" SS system available.

Up until now most people have said that this thing is chambered.... nope. Looking into the muffler there is about a 1/4" gap and then a solid tube to the other end of the muffler where there is another 1/4" gap. There are no perforations at all in the tube going through the muffler, its basically just like having straight pipes.

The tubing is all mandrel bent and the tips look nice too. This should be a pretty nice system once its installed, and if the sound sucks for the difference in price between it and a magnaflow or borla system I can buy packs or stingers and have them welded in and still come out ahead.

m-5230-m55L.jpg

I'll post more once its installed tomorrow.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
d'oh, I didn't look at the tips too closely, was more concerned with the mufflers and whether or not an X-pipe would match it well.

I'll be able to tell you tomorrow when it gets installed.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Sorry for the delay, got these things installed on the 21st and then took some time off. Its got 3" slash cut tips, not rolled, and definitely no where even close to as near as nice as those 4" rolled ones.

The M55 is not LOUD, its loud, but only when you really get on it, otherwise its pretty tame for just cruising around. Its a lot quieter than my old packs/catted X setup on my GT, so I think an O/R-X is going to be in my future some time soon.

The ol' butt-dyno says there's some extra HP over stock, but I wouldn't try to guess how much. All in all a nice exhaust, very deep sound, and you can't beat the price.

Users who are viewing this thread