First kill Saleen 3v Turbo vs 750LI V8TT

Nemesis S281

Established Member
So my wife and I are rolling in a closed track in Mexico with professional drivers... Nice looking BMW pulls up next to me @ 65mph and just stays there for a few miles. After a while, he gets on the gas and man that thing moves! Now he's got my attention, gets on the brakes and gets next to me again, dues it again but pulls a bit faster this time.
Honk it off, on 3, doesn't go, either he doesn't get it or can't hear it. But I did go and have his attention. Honk it off again and he just sits there, this time though I just gave it enough gas to make him think I was going to go, but back off immediately to watch him take off and chase after him. He takes the bait, I chase after him, immediately stop his pull, which was about a car, then start pulling on him, end of third he was about 3 cars back, go into fourth till about 4500 rpm and let off, he's a good ways back.
He comes back, rolls his window down with a huge grin in his face and gives me thumbs up, but wants to do it again. Same result, only better, we both took off on the third honk.
Pretty cool guy, was allot of fun but it's time to gut my cats and go for 9psi, I'm only running 6 right now, still datalogging/fine tuning.

Nemesis S281

Established Member
Sounds like you had fun, brozilla! Now, how much power are you making at 6-psi, sir?

Yes sir it was, I dont know, it has not been dynoed, just datalogging on the street. At 6 psi it should be around 435whp, at 9 it should be close to 500. I'm probably not going to dyno, just going to run it at the track to see what it does, I'm guessing mid to high 11s with drs.

Nemesis S281

Established Member
It does really good, full boost at 3k rpm, starts to build boost at around 2600, not bad and plenty of room to grow.

vic_s197

Established Member
That's not bad at all, I'd expect it to lag alittle more then that with a 76mm. What gears u running?

Nemesis S281

Established Member
3.73 for now, I'm looking to swap then out for 3.31 to help load the turbo and stay in the power band longer. There's really not much lag as big as it is.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Are you on stock bottom end? What kit are you running? My wifes 05 Turbo'd GT (61mm) makes 450rwhp on 6 psi with no lag (dialing the driveby wire helps!). Also 3.73 gears as well (I as well want to go to 3.31s). I roll raced in her car against a 07-09 GT500 and took him by 1.5 cars to middle of 4th. Any pics?

Nemesis S281

Established Member
Are you on stock bottom end? What kit are you running? My wifes 05 Turbo'd GT (61mm) makes 450rwhp on 6 psi with no lag (dialing the driveby wire helps!). Also 3.73 gears as well (I as well want to go to 3.31s). I roll raced in her car against a 07-09 GT500 and took him by 1.5 cars to middle of 4th. Any pics?

Yes, stock bottom end for now, it's the Granatelli Motorsports kit, comes with a 6#spring and I have a Hallman manual boost controller to dial it in to@9psi.

Nemesis S281

Established Member
9 psi on a stock bottom end is going to be pushing it. Do you have plans for motor build?
Yeah, forged 302 with either a tr6060 or a magnum 6spd, probably in about a year. I drive it really easy and don't dog it at all, but I have plans on running 650+.
My next mustang I'm goin turbo with it, I love how the power comes on

Power comes quick and stays strong all the way through, love the sounds too, open waste gate and bov scream!

Users who are viewing this thread