First impressions...

Crstfr

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I have the SLP "hot" swappable X pipe, leading into the Borla Stingers.

I've been running with the cats since I got the X about 2 months ago or so... and tonight, I finally swapped the cats out for the race pipes.

Holy S... it's much louder than I had expected, like, it almost might be too loud for daily driving. (Which, anyone who knows me will say is quite shocking to hear from me.) :) At idle, it's much deeper, and under WOT, it's similar to the previous sound, just amplified about 3x.

I might be "racing" next weekend (at the Car Guys school at Summit Point) - so I figured that I'd give it a shot to see how long it'd take to swap the cats out, and to see what it'd sound like.

It might almost be too loud for that track.

I'll get some sound files of it (if I can) tomorrow, and get them posted for anyone that's curious to hear what this setup sounds like. And if I swap em back tomorrow, I'll get a clip of that too.

-christopher

Wayneo

Established Member
Please get the sound clip up that would be really appreciated. Thanks:beer:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Do you know where you found your SLP exhaust, i could not find for my life, im looking to get the catback, maybe even the mid pipe now :) I want to try and get as loud as possible without headers

Crstfr

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Originally posted by 2003Slobra
Do you know where you found your SLP exhaust, i could not find for my life, im looking to get the catback, maybe even the mid pipe now :) I want to try and get as loud as possible without headers

I actually got it (the X) from an FBody parts distributor... I don't remember the name now (I'll look it up Monday AM, I'm pretty sure I have it at work).

I got in a group purchase they were running with SLP at the time.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Originally posted by 2003Slobra

we call that straight pipes....and remember....loud does not mean fast....it just means that you want to get a ticket faster.

86style

Established Member
Crstfr,

how does the catted x-pipe sound with your stingers. do you like the sound with the cats? im guessing it sounds much better with cats in?

-pete

Users who are viewing this thread