first GTO kills

torchred02gt

Established Member
Well I went to the track last night and a guy I know has a bone stock 05 6.0 GTO A4,I ran him 4 times and beat him by at least 4 car lengths every time. He was running 9.0's to my 8.8's 8.6's

torchred02gt

Established Member
I've got a mac cai,c&l plenum,ud pullies,o/r x-pipe,magnaflow cat back,tri-ax, 4.10's,diablo predator. No dr's here, I need some though my best 60ft was a 2.0.

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Honestly he must have been a shit driver if you took him by 4 car lengths in your GT with the mods that are listed. Have you had your car dynoed I am just curious as to what your numbers are. Nice kill nonetheless!!!

Kenny H

Established Member
Good kill. A lot of the GTO owners are aweful drivers and clueless about drag racing in general. Our stock '04 A4 went 8.7-8.8 and an '05 is supposed to have 50 more horsepower (LS2.) Good kill....

Zentenk

Established Member
A friend of mine w/ an 05 GTO raced first pass was like a 14.4 he was so pissed, he felt like taking it back lol. But then after getting used to it (limiting wheel hop/spinning) he pulled 13.1 @ 108 stock.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
torchred02gt said:
Well I went to the track last night and a guy I know has a bone stock 05 6.0 GTO A4,I ran him 4 times and beat him by at least 4 car lengths every time. He was running 9.0's to my 8.8's 8.6's

Wow, he was running like doo-doo . . .

Good kill.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Not to hyjack your thread or anything, but I got a little playing around on with a 6.0 M6 also. Went from a roll and only through one gear each time, and every time would run up on traffic. Each time I'd start to pull on him a bit, but he didn't want to get serious and wait for traffic to pull away so we could get it on. Those cars are not slow by any means, but I think some of the GTO owners ran into really good salesmen as they have the impression that they are unstoppable. This one had at least a cat-back (louder than usual, and obviously diiferent tips) Good kills BTW.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Good driver Bad driver... Who cares, you gave him 4 chances ROFL...Nice kills man. But next time just for fun switch cars with your bud, and see what happens...

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
6SpeedLover said:
Good driver Bad driver... Who cares, you gave him 4 chances ROFL...Nice kills man. But next time just for fun switch cars with your bud, and see what happens..

Just to let you know, a good driver makes a big difference in dig racing, especially at a drag strip. One of the best mods is better driving skills. My 12 years as an SCCA racing instructor makes me an expert on good driving skills.

When my 04 GTO was still running 13.5s I raced an 04 Cobra with intake and exhaust and I beat him twice. By no means would I have beat him with a good driver behind the wheels but he sucked, which meant that I whooped his A$$ - 2 times.

Machinator

Banned
nothingelse said:
Honestly he must have been a shit driver if you took him by 4 car lengths in your GT with the mods that are listed. Have you had your car dynoed I am just curious as to what your numbers are. Nice kill nonetheless!!!

Well the gto outweighed him, and yes it sounds like he couldnt drive his car very well but hey I geuss anything can happen. I like it when Fords win anyway so I really dont care.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
torchred02gt said:

Good kill but a '05/06 GTO A4 should be running much better than that. My bone stock '02 auto gt conv. ran a 9.3 at 76 and my friend in his stock '05 GTO M6 crushed me. The LS2 GTO should be in the mid 8's at least if driven correctly.

Last edited:

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
GTSlows are pretty quick for the weight that they are carrying around with them

WhistlePig

Bedroom Gangsta
Established Member
95blowncobra said:
GTSlows are pretty quick for the weight that they are carrying around with them

This statement just reads really strange to me.

GTSlow immediately followed by pretty quick, maybe its just me.

Users who are viewing this thread