First Fox Body

Tom123

I have never owned a Fox Body but I am interested in buying one and building a performance based car. I would like to know from experienced Fox Body owners to tell me some of the pros and cons of owning both a hatchback and a notchback, and what is the average prices for a Fox Body with no major problems. Thanks

nikkodnp

Established Member
Out of the two, the notchback would probably be quieter and lighter on its feet. The big open area from the hatchback transfers noise easily in the cabin from the rear. The hatch door itself can also make noise over bumps and stuff unless you set it up correctly and do some work to make it quiet.

Handling wise the weight distribution on the hatch might be a bit better considering the coupe is more front heavy

Market price is usually in the $5,000 range. but you can find lots of information on that online. For starters:

http://www.fiveohinfo.com/tech/buying-a-foxbody.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/buying-a-foxbody-mustang.html

Happy hunting

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I have both , a notch and a hatch .
They both have their pluses , and I can't say I have a favorite .
As was mentioned. There is more rattles and squeaks in the hatch before I replaced the door hinge pins and strikers, the hatch hinges and striker , and added sound defender.

Neither of my cars are even close to stock, hope has all 01 Cobra running gear , almost 50/50 weight distribution.
84 is a T-top , after the hinge rebuild , it is a very nice driver.
I have very dark tint on the 84 , but as of yet have not working a/c , so it is not as Comfortable in the summer as my coupe that has working a/c .

Coupes bring stupid money in my area , especially if they are factory 5.0 , with 5 speed .
Which e Eric you decide on, you will have a good time driving it .

Users who are viewing this thread