First experience in an L

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Well well, finally got to experience a Lightning. My friend owns a silver 2001 with pullies, a chip, exhaust, and nitto 555's up front with nitto 555r drag radials in the rear. Went for a ride and boy it definitely delivered. I thought the supercharger whine would be annoyance, but wow, it screamed! :eek: ... If I had the cash and the need for a pickup ... sign me up.

ltv1

Established Member
I was sitting in a Sport Trac to check it out, then I went and sat in a Lightning. I didn't even get to drive it and I wanted it. Instantly forgot about the Sport Trac.

I don't think a lot of people really "need" Lightnings as trucks. They just rule.

blk99svtcobra

Established Member
my first experience in a lighting sounded somethin like this......hooooolllllllyyyyyyy sssshhhhhh********t!

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Originally posted by blk99svtcobra
my first experience in a lighting sounded somethin like this......hooooolllllllyyyyyyy sssshhhhhh********t!
hahahaha exactly .... I started laughing hysterically when my friend got on it.

blk99svtcobra

Established Member
i didn't know too much about the new style when they came out then my friend got one took me for a ride and i was "blown away".

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I've driven a bone stock one. I love the sound and it is a badass for sure, but I couldnt bring myself to trade the 96 for it. I will have a Lightning someday...................Hopefully really soon too, cus they are bad!

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i was just wondering, with all that high performance crazyness and bad gas mileage, what's the price of petrol per litre over there any way? just curious.-chris

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Originally posted by ezernut9mm
i was just wondering, with all that high performance crazyness and bad gas mileage, what's the price of petrol per litre over there any way? just curious.-chris

Around $6 a Gallon as of right now its $2.25 or a little more. a liter as they use metric. and this is US currency.:eek:

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
I used to always hate Fords, didn't matter what, whether it be a taurus wagon or cobra mustang. Then about a year ago my buddy got the use of a 02 L for the weekend. I rode with him one day, and my god my whole outlook on Ford changed. That truck was simply amazing; finally bought one three months ago. I never drive the WRX anymore, not even during nice days, strictly winter. I love these trucks because I can pull my boat and still whoop some ass even when towing.

Users who are viewing this thread