First EVO kill

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
I was on my way to work yesterday and had one of those EVO's come tearing through the traffic behind me to try and race me. I know these cars are pretty peppy and was anxious to see what they could do. It looked stock to me, but I couldn't hear if it had any exhaust 'cause I had the AC on max and a CD jammin'. I got over in the next lane to let him beside me and then it was on. We started at about 40-45 so I dropped it in 2nd and we were off. He hung with me through 2nd but once I was in 3rd it was all over. I imagine the AWD would have given me a better race if we had started from a dig, but it was still a good race. After it was over he came up and gave me a thumbs up. Good thing I didn't miss a gear!

Last edited:

2814v

Established Member
I thuoght I was gonna get lucky yesterday. I saw a yellow one zippen in and out of traffic in my rearview but as he got closer he must have seen the chrome inserts, because he got off it pretty fast and stayed two car's back.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
good kill, unless the Evo has a nice turbo upgrade they max out at @ 116 though the quarter...a turbo will put them into the 120's. My Evo was pretty quick but it didn't have the top end of my Cobra...it was kick ass off the line though.

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
Originally posted by 2004 Culebra
FOR SOME REASON I REALLY HATE THOSE CARS...
The wing seems excessive and the tails gotta be replaced. Other then that though I kind of like them. :shrug:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
friend has an 03 EVO, and from a roll, it was about the same as my stock S2000.. I don't think it would stand a chance(ok, I KNOW it wouldn't stand a chance against a stock 03+ Cobra from any type of roll at all)

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Originally posted by 03SonicStang
Are you stock? I've been wnating to come across one, but no luck to date!

No, not stock. But only have a catback, CAI and flash tune. He had a slight momentum advantage on the start. Otherwise, he would not have hung at all. Would be interesting from a dead stop though. I haven't seen one take off from a dig yet. One of these days...

IE Evo

Established Member
Badgts, You from Cali or Florida. Should be some Evos at Carlsbad this weekend. If I go i will run you. This is not a call out or a grudge just a chance to run an Evo from a dig. I will not launch on the street because it seems to have too much grip and is harder on the drivetrain. I am trying to preserve my transfer case and the tracks in So Cal seem to provide enough slip on my launches thus being less abusive to my drivetrain. You will probably overtake me by the 1/4 mile but maybe I can beat you to the 1/8 mile mark.

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Originally posted by IE Evo
Badgts, You from Cali or Florida. Should be some Evos at Carlsbad this weekend. If I go i will run you. This is not a call out or a grudge just a chance to run an Evo from a dig. I will not launch on the street because it seems to have too much grip and is harder on the drivetrain. I am trying to preserve my transfer case and the tracks in So Cal seem to provide enough slip on my launches thus being less abusive to my drivetrain. You will probably overtake me by the 1/4 mile but maybe I can beat you to the 1/8 mile mark.

Sorry man, won't be able to make it to Carsbad this weekend. Thanks for the offer though. Man, I wish I had your "too much grip" problem. That must be nice! For comparison though, I went 12.56 @ 114.11 before the flash tune (2.09 60'). Good luck this weekend! :beer:

IE Evo

Established Member
Bad gts Hey maybe another time. Thanks for not taking my post as a call out. I hope i can put down a good # this weekend and thanx for the kind gesture wishing me luck. Peace!.

nitestalker1982

Raider Nation Member
Established Member
ive seen an evo and a gt line it up, gt had no chance as the evo hooked and took the gt out in the launch. i wanted to warn the guy in the gt, guess he found out.

IE Evo

Established Member
Nightstalker,Badgts has an 03 Cobra so I am the severe underdog. Not a call out on a GT or a Cobra but a fun time at the 1320 against a mildly modded AWD car.I have four basic bolt-on mods. Parts about 2500 dollars total in performance mods. So a mildly modded Cobra should be able to own me if driven correctly. So I need the warning in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread