First events for 2006, or where are you going to be this year??

chknhwk

I'm kinda curious as to who's been on the track yet this year and where. If you haven't been yet, what's your first scheduled event, paid or not? I want to try to meet up with some other track junkies from the forums this year if possible.
This year is going to be tight for me as I just bought a house and I have a new track toy that's not ready yet but my first event is with MazdaDrivers at VIR in June.

See you at the track (hopefully)!!

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
John, I'll Be doing VIR with Audi on April 24-25, SVTOA Summit Point May 6-7, Mazda VIR June 17-18, Chin Motorsports VIR July 3-4, Car Guys VIR August 5-6, Porche Club VIR September 23-25, Car Guys VIR October 14-15,Audi Club VIR November 18-19 (see you there Bruce, oh yea, the Nurburgring!) Chin Motorsports VIR December 9-10. I'll at least see you at Mazda (Grande Course) The rest of events planned are Full Course. Get with me John on your plans through PM and we can hang out. See you at the track, Skeet.

Last edited:

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I'm at NHIS on Apr 8 with COM, Summit on May 6,7 with SVTOA, Mont Tremblant in August with COM, and at LRP in November...also with COM. I have about 10 autox events interspersed throughout the season. It's going to be a fun year.

chknhwk

Wow! Great schedule! I hope it pans out for you. I had a schedule like that last year but it didn't work out. :cuss: Problems with work (I ended up quitting and had to wait about three months for the next job) and we couldn't get into ANY of the Mid-Ohio events we applied to. :fm:
Anyway, I'll let you know what happens with my schedule, hopefully I'll meet you at VIR in June!

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
hwkrcng said:
Wow! Great schedule! I hope it pans out for you. I had a schedule like that last year but it didn't work out. :cuss: Problems with work (I ended up quitting and had to wait about three months for the next job) and we couldn't get into ANY of the Mid-Ohio events we applied to. :fm:
Anyway, I'll let you know what happens with my schedule, hopefully I'll meet you at VIR in June!
John, I clean carpet for a living and work for myself with no employees. Time off is no problem as long as I work my accounts prior to scheduled events. Most events are weekend and I never schedule work on those days. If I don't hear anything else I will look you up at Mazda VIR in June. Peace, Skeet.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I just completed my first event over the past weekend. NASA Rocky Mountain region 2006 opener at PMI in Pueblo CO.

I'd absolutely LOVE to go to the next event at the new Miller Motorsports Park outside SLC, but time and money is prohibiting me from doing that.

I'll be at La Junta, CO. in June, back at PMI in July and I hope to make Hasting, NE (assuming track is completed) in August.

PETSNKE

Established Member
Providing we have good weather, my first day on track this year will be April 1st at the Gingerman Tailgate Party.

:beer:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ill be running at the new home of the SCCA National Championship Runoffs, Heartland Park, Topeka April 1-2. Ive still got some work to do to the car before then, guess I better get moving, first auto-x is next sunday the 26th.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Ill be running at the new home of the SCCA National Championship Runoffs, Heartland Park, Topeka April 1-2. Ive still got some work to do to the car before then, guess I better get moving, first auto-x is next sunday the 26th.

You should come out to La Junta Colorado for the NASA event there in June. Or PMI in July.

I've got an auto-x coming up 3/26/06. I'll be spending way to much money and going to SLC to Miller Motorsports Park with NASA Rocky Mountain in May. They're running the full 4.5 mile circuit so it should be worth it.

After that, La Junta in June and back to PMI in July.

just for giggles here's me on turn in to #7 at PMI on 3/11/06
sorry for the size
jasonnasa11feb06011.jpg

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Sweet pic!!!

June is full for me, Im going to try and sneak away for the fathers day weekend at MAM to run with NASA and several of the Cobra R forum members, thats if we're not cutting wheat by then. July is going to be double nuts, I doubt Ill get any track time that month, with getting married and all the associated expenses that'll drain the "on track account" Im hoping to atleast get an auto-x in, then hopefully by mid-August Ill be getting back in the groove. Im planning to attend MPH with NASA in late September. Those are the dates Ive got set in stone, sprinkled in will be a few trips to Hallett, let me know if there are any other dates when you'll be running and Ill see what I can do. :beer:
Im hoping to have the #26 car back in action by June or July. It needs to see some on track time so I can get to sorting out any bugs and breaking in the new DOHC transplant.
Anthony

Users who are viewing this thread