first dyno tune tomorrow, what to look for etc

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
Getting the car tuned tomorrow, we have a guy flying in as no local tuner. Just wondering if there is anything I should be looking for or making sure the tuner does? any tips.

Definitely make sure he doesn't blow it up. (j/k) It won't happen anyway. Zinc Yellow Termies are indestructible. If the tuner has a good rep and he's tuned these cars before I wouldn't worry about him missing anything. I would just make sure the MAF is clean, unless you just put in a newer one. Clean filter. Brand new plugs. And enjoy the sweet sound of ecstasy coming from that wild setup of yours. Your dyno tune will go perfect tomorrow. I prophecy that over your Cobra. :beer:

2001blkR

Established Member
Haha you zy owners are crazy. Who do you have flying in if you don't mind me asking? Yeah new plugs gapped right, clean filter, clean maf sensor and you should be good to go.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
New plugs gapped down a little from 32 to like 30 or 28 to avoid spark blow out. Make sure MAF is clean, and your not at the end of an oil change cycle.

Ask questions as you go. My tuner did an excellent job of answering my sometimes stupid questions that pop into your head as he is doing pulls.

Bring a cooler full of bags of ice as well to help cool things down between pulls.

Make sure your fuel system is up to the task as well.. Nothing more disappointing than having to stop short because your FPDC is at 100%, or your injectors are maxed out. Especially since your flying someone in.

Don't step on the rollers :D
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ldMfsAX18"]YouTube- Old guy accidentally steps on a moving dyno roller and flies straight on his face[/nomedia]

Who you flying in BTW??

Last edited:

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
Im not worried so much about actual numbers on the dyno, just want to make sure all is well and safe throught the rev ranges. Dyno numbers vary so much from dyno to dyno, its track numbers that really matter ;) previous owner ran 11.9's at 117+ with only lower, intake and diablo tune. Car seems to be running pretty rich now off the diablo tune, hoping to get the a/f's in the 11.3-11.5 range. Its less than 68 degrees here today too so not to worried about heat. I have fresh plugs with less than 3000kms on them, must check the filter and clean the MAF before I leave.

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
Haha you zy owners are crazy. Who do you have flying in if you don't mind me asking? Yeah new plugs gapped right, clean filter, clean maf sensor and you should be good to go.

Give it is a smaller car population here and a mix of chev's mopars and fords getting tuned we have Brett From SAS coming in. Their shop specializes in Fords, chevs and Mopars. Some guys had Brett down last year before I bought my car and were pleased with his work, I think 3-4 terminators and a couple GT500's were tuned at that time.

Specialized Automotive Services - 2021 Salisbury Road, Moncton New Brunswick Canada

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
car made 420hp and 426 torque on 91 octane, now I know why they call the dyno dynamics the heart breaker LOL I picked up 30hp and a little over 30 torque over the diablo tune. My MAF pegged out. Car was running pig rich with the diablo tune dyno read down to 10:1 but I was likely in the 9's now Im in 11:1 range.

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
short video
th_cobradyno014.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread