First Dyno Pull

SuperSonic

Established Member
A local shop had a "Ford Dyno Day" special, so I took the Cobra up to see what it could do. 6 pulls for $60, you can't go wrong. They were having some computer problems so they could not read the A/F ratio, and computer decided to delete my first 4 pulls, but last one it kept. I remember seeing numbers on the first 4 pulls of HP in the 396 range and 389 torque, but after a short cool down period, the last pull netted a 401hp and 371 tq. The tq seems low to me. It was a Dynojet, the ambient temp was 70 degress, 59% humidity. The car has a drop in K&N with the silencer removed, and a magnaflow cat-back. Nothing else. Stock plugs (which I pulled and they looked really good). The car runs really strong, gets good mileage, so I don't think anything is wrong, but I'm curious on the low tq number.

Any comments??

I will be taking it to the drag strip this coming weekend for the first time, so we will see how that goes.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Chck my signature. I think your numbers are right on-- same as mine with essentially same setup. that torque # is right on-- corresponds to about 430 at flywheel. Will only get higher torque numbers with pully and chip. CAI and cat back add a little torque, but mostly on top end, allowing higher HP.

SuperSonic

Established Member
Thanks for the reply PhillyCobra, I was just curious if anyone else had the same type of numbers with the same mods. My car has 10,300 miles on it, 2nd run and is running awesome, so I really was not too worried about it.

Users who are viewing this thread