First dyno numbers for the truck!

ron_lightning04

Established Member
Hey guys just got back from hals technical services in anchorage . which is our only dyno in the state .

with mods listed these are my numbers

jlp ram air intake, ftvb, straight exhaust no mufflers with H pipe

made 364 rwhp and 441 torque

a/f was 13.1 at wot then said it was so lean because because best fuel we can get heere is 90 octane

now just waiting for sct xcalibrator and injectors and fuel pumps to get here to put the kb on ill keep you all up to date on mods and HP

im happy with those numbers :beer:

lates ron, " i got video of runs on dyno and i got dyno slips, ill post dyno slips later but videos i cant . i have never been shown how to" :pepper:

**edit** new best time also 13.50 @ 102.46 same e/t but better mph o well :p

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
fakesnake408 said:
Hey Ron I will send you some 105 octane we have over in CT. Its only $5.95 a gallon. :poke:

Where do you buy that?? I can show you where you can get 105 for $4.99/gal.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Ron, nice numbers. Now it's time to get that KB on!!! I haven't seen you on here much. It's nice to have you back posting. :thumbsup:

OH-MAN

Established Member
I don't think the octane rating will change the A/F ratio, correct me if I am wrong.
90 does suck. We can only get 91 at the pump here.
Be carefull with that lean of a ratio.
The low octane will also contribute to detonation. Make sure it is not pinging.

ron_lightning04

Established Member
OH-MAN said:
I don't think the octane rating will change the A/F ratio, correct me if I am wrong.
90 does suck. We can only get 91 at the pump here.
Be carefull with that lean of a ratio.
The low octane will also contribute to detonation. Make sure it is not pinging.

yeah i am fine no pinging and the dyno guy said on a tune not being moved like retuned you will see .3 - .4 points on a/f with one point of octane

lates ron,

and also i have been busy working and playing with the truck sorry i havent been posting hehe

:beer:

FordFanStan

Established Member
ron_lightning04 said:
yeah i am fine no pinging and the dyno guy said on a tune not being moved like retuned you will see .3 - .4 points on a/f with one point of octane

I believe he means one octane number! There is 10 points in every number of octane. So if you have 90 octane and were to raise it ten (10) points then you would have 91 octane. Not tryin to be an ass, just tryin to be helpful.

late, Stan

p.s. good numbers!!

Last edited:

ron_lightning04

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
I believe he means one octane number! There is 10 points in every number of octane. So if you have 90 octane and were to raise it ten (10) points then you would have 91 octane. Not tryin to be an ass, just tryin to be helpful.

late, Stan

p.s. good numbers!!

yeah that is what i ment sorry for not explaining i know how octane works hehe sorry ten points one octane number hehe

so 90 - 91 sorry for not being thero.....

:bash: :beer: :bash:

lates ron,

Users who are viewing this thread