First crack at my stuff...

Whiskey City

Established Member
I thought I'd put it up here before I surrendered it to the 800-lb Gorilla that is eBay:

Anyone want to buy some XM hardware? I'm selling my Delphi SkyFI head unit with remote, two car kits (one with FM Transmitter) and a boom box. I have all the boxes, paperwork and packaging. Looking for $125 + Shipping for the whole kit, a $370 value.

Everything is in excellent condition. Let me know if anyone wants pics or further info.

I accept PayPal, checks from some or cash from all. I'll be up in the Detroit Metro area several times this summer so I can bring it with me to save shipping if you can wait a bit.

Thanks,

WC

bnmestrouse

COBRAd
Established Member
Don't want the XM but just curious since I just had mine deactivated. I told them I was tired of paying for radio, that on the talk channels of XM had way too many commercials now.
Music does not, except for the DJ, but I can listen to commercials on the regular radio.
They offered me one month credit but it was too late. Seems they were just getting way too many commercials for the money we pay per month for the service.
Or
Maybe I'm just bellyaching. Either way, Just curious as to your reason.

Whiskey City

Established Member
Without getting into all the boring details, I'm switching over to Sirius for some different programming options...namely NFL and Big East sports coverage exclusive to Sirius. I have really enjoyed my XM and will listen to it as long as I have it. The music channels are great and the sports coverage is excellent if you like MLB, NASCAR, Pac10 and ACC sports. Regarding the commercials on the talk channels, remember, 90% of that Talk programming is syndicated stuff that also broadcasts over the air so they all take commercial breaks at the same time. XM is, basically, a rebroadcast of regular radio stuff. Whether it's Al Franken or Matt Drudge, Janeane Garofalo or Laura Ingraham, all that stuff is over the air so it has to take breaks. (Just want you to know that it sickened me to type half of the preceding names...I won't tell you which exactly but I nearly ruined my laptop just now.)

I love XM for the fact that since I drive A LOT it's good to pick a channel and stay on it for the whole 6-hour drive from KY to MI. Not having to channel search every 35, 45 minutes is worth it to me. If you put in a lot of windshield time, XM is for you!

WC

Whiskey City

Established Member
Here's some Pics:

Whole Kit
normal_DSCF0142.JPG

Delphi SKYFi SA-10000-11B1 w/ wireless remote including batt and visor clip.
normal_DSCF0143.JPG

Two car kits: (2) Cradles, (2) Power cords, (2) Cassets, (2) XM antenna w/ 20' cord, (1) FM transmitter.
normal_DSCF0145.JPG

Detail of FM transmitter.
normal_DSCF0144.JPG

Boom Box w/ XM antenna w/ 20' cord and AC adaptor.
normal_DSCF0147.JPG

If anyone would like more, detailed info, please PM.

Thanks,

WC

Jpjr

Established Member
Whiskey City said:
Without getting into all the boring details, I'm switching over to Sirius for some different programming options...namely NFL and Big East sports coverage exclusive to Sirius. I have really enjoyed my XM and will listen to it as long as I have it. The music channels are great and the sports coverage is excellent if you like MLB, NASCAR, Pac10 and ACC sports. Regarding the commercials on the talk channels, remember, 90% of that Talk programming is syndicated stuff that also broadcasts over the air so they all take commercial breaks at the same time. XM is, basically, a rebroadcast of regular radio stuff. Whether it's Al Franken or Matt Drudge, Janeane Garofalo or Laura Ingraham, all that stuff is over the air so it has to take breaks. (Just want you to know that it sickened me to type half of the preceding names...I won't tell you which exactly but I nearly ruined my laptop just now.)

I love XM for the fact that since I drive A LOT it's good to pick a channel and stay on it for the whole 6-hour drive from KY to MI. Not having to channel search every 35, 45 minutes is worth it to me. If you put in a lot of windshield time, XM is for you!

WC

Are the rumors true? Al Franken is switching to Sirius? Interesting timing :-D

Users who are viewing this thread