First Cobra

1QuickS2

Established Member
Well its not an 03-04(maybe one day) But I really like it. I had a foxbody and after mustang week I got the bug for a newer model, something more street friendly. So I sold the Fox to a buddy and found this 1996 Cobra. It needs some attention on the paint. It has alot of chips and dings. Sat outside for a year under a tree and was never driven. Let me know what you think Suggestions welcome. I'm new to the modular world. The car has long tubes, x pipe, flowmasters, alum d/s, cold air, 4.30's. It will be lowered next week.

DSC03083.jpg

DSC03085.jpg

DSC03086.jpg

DSC03090.jpg

DSC03087.jpg

DSC03088.jpg

Last edited:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Certainly can use some love, but I'm very interested in seeing the progress of this car. Any other plans? Keep posting pics! Good luck with it :beer:

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
Congrats! She certainly appears to have cleaned up nicely considering it was under a tree for so long. Just got my '03 a month ago. Took me ten years to get her so hang in there; it's worth the wait. :beer:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Congrats looks great. Saleens are my favorite wheels aside from TF and CCW's.

1QuickS2

Established Member
Thanks alot guys. It def has potential with some love. It has around 80 thousand on it and i picked it up for 5500.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That body style cobra can look very sick if done properly.

First thing I would do is get a nice drop going (1" in between the tire and fender). Next would be finding a good deal on new black leather seat covers or finding someone to redo them in black leather.

Next would be sell the chrome saleens and get a set of anthracite or black FR500's deep dish out back so you can fit a nice 315 tire.

And finally start putting some TLC into all the other little details (paint, dent removal, headlights reconditioning, ect.)

Good luck with the progress and keep it shinny!

1QuickS2

Established Member
Couple update pics

DSC03266.jpg

DSC03267.jpg

Exhaust vid, Dont mind the smoke, its a little rich. Gotta fix the tune.

lilbluewarchief
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
You got a Great Deal on it for sure..You have it looking good so far,I think the White just can't be beat.Was those Stickers on the back Bumper?I have the SS Mirrored Cobra letters on mine,I think they look great on all Colors...

1QuickS2

Established Member
You got a Great Deal on it for sure..You have it looking good so far,I think the White just can't be beat.Was those Stickers on the back Bumper?I have the SS Mirrored Cobra letters on mine,I think they look great on all Colors...

Yeah it did have the chrome letters, they were wrinkled and not straight so I took them off. I am gonna put some black ones back in place.

Congrats son, i started with an 88 lx and a 97 cobra before I jumped into my 2 termis. Your 96 looks great and has a ton more potential. Start by dropping it a bit.

Thanks man! Yeah I am gonna lower the back about another half an inch.

Users who are viewing this thread